NFL Pick 'em: Divisional Round

All you have to do this week is pick! Each correct pick is now worth 2 points!
So here it goes:

Saturday:

Indiannapolis at Baltimore
Philadelphia at New Orleans

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Saturday:

**Indiannapolis **at Baltimore

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Saturday:

Indiannapolis at **Baltimore **
I see Ravens going much farther then the Colts.
See above, but subsituite teams.

Sunday:

**Seattle **at Chicago
Who was Chicago’s last loss to!?
New England at San Diego
I just have a feeling the dynasty if falling apart and that only is the result from the top down.

Saturday:
Classic great offense vs. great defense. If my memory serves me right, Indy has won the past couple of match-ups.
Eagles are looking great, but so are the Saints.

Sunday:
Seattle at Chicago
Grossman will make his mistakes as usual, and the Defense and Devin Hester will compensate.
New England at San Diego
Belichick will find a way to slow down LT and company.

Saturday:

Sure, that Indy run defense stepped up! But that was at home, where they always step up. Now they go into THE most hostile environment for visiting teams the last 6-7 years. That Ravens D reacts to that and will be potent as ever and will be much stronger this week. The Kansas City pass D was nothing compared to what Peyton will see. He will make plays, but they will be too few and too far in between to stop the Ravens. McNair will also feed off of that energy.

This matchup is pretty intense! You have Jeff Garcia and Drew Brees, two lights-out quarterbacks leading high potent offenses. Brian Westbrook killed the Giants last week. Drew Brees has Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, and a host of other targets. This game is a battle between Brees’s wits and the Eagles D. If Brees can read the Eagles blitzes or use Deuce McCallister, this game is the Saints. I’m picking the Saints. Lito Sheppard will desperately be missed for this game and it will work to Brees’s advantage. Then again, the Eagles have a slight advantage (5-3 on the road compared to the Saints’ 4-4 at home, then again Baltimore is darn near impossible to beat. That 12th man will be in there for New Orleans.)

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago

Seattle’s D came out strong last week. Anyone calling them undermanned or underexperienced should look at what they did yesterday to Tony Romo and the Cowboys. This week, Rex Grossman has to excel for the Bears given that. That Chicago D will make it hard on Hasselbeck and Alexander. They will give the combo a harder time than Dallas’s D did. The Bears really need that 12th man here if they are going to prevail. And they will, but not after a long game that will include maybe 10 minutes of sudden-death overtime.

New England at San Diego

Hmmm!! Why don’t they ever pick THESE games to be on NFL network in the middle of the season? The Pats are almost unstoppable while Schottenheimer can’t find a way to win. Something has to give. The Chargers have LT, who has been unstoppable during the regular season. The question becomes: will he be like Shaun Alexander and continue to excel in the postseason or will he sputter? The best opponent the Chargers beat were Kansas City (9-7) (who they lost to once) and Denver (9-7). The Patriots beat the Bears (13-3) and lost to the Colts (12-4), both at home. But that was the regular season. That was also when the Patriots played at home. They are 7-1 on the road but San Diego has not yet been beaten at home this season/postseason. This is going to be a really fun game to watch! But the Patriots will pull this one off. They are way better at this time of year than in the regular season.

Saturday:

Indianapolis at Baltimore

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Indy at Baltimore
Offense wins games but defense wins Championships, which is where Baltimore will be going next week.

**Eagles **at Saints
I have several reasons for picking Philly 1) I’m an Eagles fan, so it figures 2) No one else has picked them yet 3) Yes the Saints did beat them earlier in the season at home, but that was on a last second field goal. When the Saints beat them the Eagles were in the middle of their freefall, now they’re on fire…so it’s easily going to be the highest scoring contest of the weekend.

**Seahawks **at Bears
Both teams have plaguing injuries on Defense, so it turns into a battle of the O’s…of which Seattle has it. I don’t think the Bears can yank Grossman mid game and expect the Offense to pull together.

Patriots at San Diego
Here’s the rub…the Patriots are dangerous in the postseason, but that’s when they’re at home. Tom Brady’s only postseason loss came last season at Denver. San Diego has a much better offense than Denver had last season, and a much better defense. Expect it to be a lot more lopsided than the score would have you believe.

Sidenote…yes I realize that I picked both NFC road teams to win and the AFC home teams to prevail…didn’t plan it that way.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Saturday:

Indy is over reated, Baltimore is playing well.
It is Philly, New Orleans is going to win the NFC, Philly is only in the playoffs because The Cowboys and GIants couldn’t do anything at the end of the season.

Sunday:

**Seattle **at Chicago
Two words, Rex Grossman, sure defense wins football games, but that implies that you have some sort of offense.
New England at San Diego
San Diego scares me but I can’t pick against the Patriots, If the play like they did in the second half last week they will win, if they play like they did in the first, they will lose.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Saturday:

Philadelphia at **New Orleans
Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

Saturday
Indianapolis at Baltimore
The Ravens D will totally own the Colts offense and frustrate Manning into mistakes. They will score one defensive touchdown. The Ravens offense will score enough to win going aways.
The Saints are a nice story but the NFL playoffs eat nice stories for breakfast. I don’t think they have the next gear that the Eagles do. This one will also be one sided.

Sunday
Seattle at Chicago
Seattle got healthier but they don’t seem any better. They were lucky to get away from Dallas. The Bears are going to just plain choke them out by controlling Grossman and minimalizing his throws and let the D do it’s job.

New England at San Diego
The Chargers own the Patriots and are going to smash them to pieces just like they did in Foxboro last year. Thus completing the weekend sweep of one sided beatdowns.

Saturday:

Indiannapolis at **Baltimore **

Sunday:

Seattle at Chicago
New England at San Diego

COLTS WIN!!!

Quoted for truth.

I forgot the other part of the all-home-teams-win-superstition:

If all home teams win in the wild card, then at least one of the bye teams is bound to lose. And this time, Bob Sanders and company did it to Baltimore.

anyone else think it would’ve been neat for Vinatieri if instead of grounding the ball on the last play, for him to kick another field goal? then he would’ve broke the record for most field goals made in a play-off game.

Not sure, but wherever he goes, he’s clutch! I’m surprised the Pats didn’t try to resign him.

Take it as you will, but as a Colts fan I would’ve picked the Colts too. Wish I woulda seen this thread yesterday.

As for tomorrow, I’m picking the 'Hawks and Belichek.

-Guy