Nintendo DS, who is getting one, and who already has one?

Well its been out for a little bit. Who has it…I know I do…and whos going to get it.

Im probably going to get one. It’s has a bunch of games on it that I want to get. Im surprised I am saying this because I originally wanted a PSP. Here are a bunch of games I would want:
Warioware Inc.-A great game that I played on my brother’s DS
Advance Wars DS-I have always loved turn based rpgs.
Pac Attack- A unique sounding game
Age of Empires-Hopefully it will be a great turn based RPG
Metroid-Another good lookin game
Meteos-Nice looking puzzle game
Rebelstar:Tactical Command-Another turn based RPG
Kirby:Canvas Course:Looks like another unique control scheme
Nanostray-A nice looking 3-d shooter
New Super Mario Brothers-I like super mario brothers
Mario and Luigi 2-I liked the orginal
Animal Crossing-A great looking game that really can take advantage of the DS’s abilities
Trauma Center: Under The Knife Hands-On-A doctor simulation…
It’s really amazing the game that really seems to be helping the sales of the DS is the only game Im not interesed in which is Nintendogs. Slashdot says it’s the game that is helping the DS win against the PSP. Ironic though because I have no interest in another tamagochi. The DS also beats the PSP in creativity hands down. I don’t know if that means anything but being the first device to simulate surgery…

You may want to edit the name of the thread.

Just about drove me cross eyed trying to figure out what it was supposed to say.

And nope, no DS and no plans to get one.

-Andy A.

Bought DS the day it came out, Bought PSP the day it came out. My DS has not been touched since. Just sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Hmmmm Anyone need a DS?

Mine is not being used much now, but with more games coming out, I’ll need some for college.

Wow i just caught the thread title mess up. Sorry about that people.

Getting one when I get the $$$. Or I’ll just wait for a price drop.

I will definetly take it. The DS games that are coming out are truly innovative. They have a lawyer game!!! The PSP don’t got no lawyer game! Plus the PSP is just getting ports of PS2 games anyway. What makes that different? I guess i’m in a FIRST state of mind when i say without innovation how can you thrive?

I got a DS for my birthday, about a month ago. I have Super Mario 64 DS, and Yoshi Touch & Go. I loved Mario 64, so it’s great to be able to play it again in a new format, plus, the mini-games are fun. Yoshi seemed kinda hokey and kiddie-oriented at first, but it’s surprisingly entertaining, and quite a creative idea for the touchscreen.

I briefly contemplated buying a PSP instead, but having played my DS for a month, I’m quite happy with it. It’s cheaper, has more than just PS2 ports for games, and the touchscreen is, in my opinion, a great idea that will allow for more innovative games. It can’t play movies or MP3s, but so what? I have an iPod for music, and I’d rather have some good quality games than a tiny movie screen, anyways.

I bought a DS the first week
I love it!!
except the games are to great right now…
Still waiting for something really good to come out…
like Super Smash Bros DS or something…

Also I cant wait for games to go Online…
Animal crossing is the first announced game to go online for DS
via Wireless HotSpot or a wireless connection from your house

It can’t play movies or MP3s

Actually it can play Movies…

There are already few Mp4 compatible addons made for the DS (Japanese right now) as well as TV receptors for your DS…
they should be coming to America shortly…

Also somone hacked a DS and found it was able to support mp3z…
why do they always have to ruin the fun… oh well

hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it…
haha just kidding

I got a DS for my birthday in April, then took it with me on a ridiculously long plane ride to Hawaii. I am very impressed by its ability to entertain me, especially considering I only own two games for it.

Mario 64 DS seemed like an obvious buy for me, but after about ten hours it is starting to get repetative, and I really played the original Mario 64 to death when that first came out, so…

Yoshi Touch n’ Go is a very addictive game. It’s like tetris; you can play it for hours and hours even though the game play is very simple. I really like it, and think it’s a great game to pick up and play for half an hour and then go do something else.

One of the reasons I like the DS vs. the PSP is the battery life. On the plane ride, the battery lasted and lasted all the way through (I got over 12 hours of life). I was apprehensive to not have easy-to-replace AA batteries, but the battery in there seems completely sufficient (I just wonder how to replace it in a couple years…). My friend has a PSP, and tells me he gets about 6 hours of life. Don’t forget; DS games on average are $10-20 less than PSP games.

My list of games to get: Animal Crossing DS, Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars DS, Metroid DS. Too bad none of these are out yet. I get the feeling Nintendo rushed the DS to market before they built up a really great library for it. Being able to keep a regular gameboy advance game in there at the same time as a DS game is really nice too; you can go play a round of Advance Wars whenever you want.

If you want a portable gaming system, I recommend the DS.

Has anyone played Kirby Canvas:Curse? I heard it was a better version of Yoshi Touch and Go that actually had a plot.

My list of games to get: Animal Crossing DS, Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars DS, Metroid DS. Too bad none of these are out yet. I get the feeling Nintendo rushed the DS to market before they built up a really great library for it. Being able to keep a regular gameboy advance game in there at the same time as a DS game is really nice too; you can go play a round of Advance Wars whenever you want.
Who knows why they rushed the DS. Nintendo seems to be going more and more towards a really unique style of gaming. You can see it even in the GBA. There are two games out right now that rely on gyroscopes to control your charaters.