No 2023 teaser?

So is there no teaser, because there is no word of it in the calendars
Does it normally show up in the calendar, anyone know?

1 Like

Teasers don’t drop until they drop. Usually in November or December.

They also aren’t generally announced early, unless one teaser announces another.

2 Likes

Do you expect a multi-teaser? or just one?

Yes.

17 Likes

In 2018-2019 the video teasers were released around Sept 12-14. Last year there were four teasers, and the first was posted Sep 29, 2021. So - 10 more days (ish) would be exactly a year. No need to panic (yet).

I’m more concerned about the Regional dates getting posted at the moment…

1 Like

Back in my day, we’d be lucky to get one hint in December–and it was generally even more cryptic than the videos.

And then there was 2008…

1 Like

“17 15 901n9 70 83 4 732241n 94m3!”

1 Like

yea to which

got you, what is the issue with the regional dates?

1 Like

SoCal is missing two regionals from the schedule, and we’re coming to registration.

Both.

Personally, still waiting on confirmation of 2 CA event dates, and registration opens Thursday. They’re cutting it a lot closer than in previous years. I bet the negotiations are getting intense.

Cali is so front loaded without confirmed San Diego and AVR dates :eyes:

1 Like

yeah I noticed no del mar, that is going to be bad. Our team goes every year

And CVR moved from Week 5 to Week 2

I’m curious now, what happened in 2008?

Hint #1 arrived by snail mail to all teams as they registered and paid. It was a small IR receiver that could work with a TV remote. As I recall @Joe_Ross was the first one to post it.*
Hint #2 was GPS coordinates for a statue of the Tortoise and the Hare in Boston.
Hint #3 was an anagram of both the manual password and the gameplay:

*Which fact had several people skeptical, due to a previous CD prank Joe had instigated. Details of that one are left to the searcher.

2 Likes

Why the interest in the teasers? They are unrelated to the upcoming game. Seems like a waste to expend so much production effort on something with so little utility.

2 Likes

Teasers are essentially advertisements. The point is to build excitement and anticipation. I’ve seen teaser trailers for movies that don’t really give any detail about the actual movie either.

3 Likes

I am hopefully, maybe this may be the year teasers are helpful.

1 Like

Also at least teasers just give you something to look forward to in the off season