no agression

I’m thinking of putting a nail gun on the bot

cool and by the way what regionals are you going to

Umm…Congradulations?

this isn’t battlebots

Please, pointless posts waste everybody’s time.

chill, lighten up, this is meant to be fun. But I am sorry nonetheless

A nail gun, if it used springs, would be in violation of the spring energy storage rule. If it was pneumatic, it would violate the no pneumatic things other than the cylinders rule.

What if the nals are actually just telepathically accelerated by the operator? Is the Human Brain considered a exotic material.

Just for the record, nothing wastes time like people telling other people that they are wasting time.

Rule M11

Energy used by FIRST Robotics Competition robots, i.e., stored at the start of a match, must come solely from:

Electrical energy derived from the onboard 12Vdc battery;
Storage achieved by deformation of springs or latex tubing; no more than 20 ftlbs (27.116 newton-meters aka joules) energy total stored at the start of a match;
Compressed air stored in the pneumatic system, but only supplied by the Pump included in the kit and stored at a maximum pressure of 120 PSI;
A change in the altitude of the device’s center of gravity.

As telekinetic energy does not fall under these, it is illegal to telekinetically propel staples or nails for any purpose during the match. However, if you are telekinetically gifted, go have a talk with the army or CIA. You’ll get your college education paid for

Disclaimer: This does not mean I or anyone else on 957 believes or does not believe in telekinetic or other paranormal abilities.

But seriously, I doubt anyone has telekinetic abilities, although I am open-minded if anyone cares to prove me wrong.

yeah…ummmmm…that was kinda the point

can pneumatic cylinders be compressed manually, by means of a motor to generate pressure?

I think so, as long as it happens during the match and not before, but i don’t quite know why that would be neccessary - some of the bigger cylinders pack a pretty goo dpunch on their own.

*Originally posted by Jeff_Rice *
**A nail gun, if it used springs, would be in violation of the spring energy storage rule. If it was pneumatic, it would violate the no pneumatic things other than the cylinders rule. **

Unless the springs used were those that came in the kit…same goes for the pneumatics.

All you would have to do is build it yourself.

Make sure your nails are not sharp tho, because having sharp corners, etc, is a no no.

*Originally posted by Solace *
**Just for the record, nothing wastes time like people telling other people that they are wasting time. **

Wait a minute…