No ones talked about the FUN regional....

Posted by Erin at 2/12/2001 6:50 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Who the heck is going to great lakes??

ROLL CALL!!!

The best teams (all you cool midwesterners and michiganders) should post here.

#65 PNHS+GM Huskie Brigade will be there.

Erin

Posted by Veronica at 2/12/2001 7:07 AM EST

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from Osmtech and Textron.

In Reply to: No ones talked about the FUN regional…
Posted by Erin on 2/12/2001 6:50 AM EST:

: See you there Erin

Posted by Devin Mahesh at 2/12/2001 8:02 AM EST

Student on team #188, Blizzard, from Woburn Collegiate Institute and Ontario Power Generation.

Representing Canada and the great lake of Ontario… TEAM 188 will be there.

We aim to impress down in Michigan and have Crazy amounts of fun doing it. Hopefully the competition will be as tight as it always is.

ALSO… It will be good to see the robotics people I haven’t seen in about a year again. I miss you all.

Posted by Erin at 2/12/2001 9:43 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Team 188 - Bringing the Force from the North
Posted by Devin Mahesh on 2/12/2001 8:02 AM EST:

I miss you and the former fury boys too devin… say hi to all of them for me :slight_smile:

are you guys going to bring me lots of cool canadian gear this time? I owe Ian a shirt…

-Erin

Posted by bill whitley at 2/12/2001 11:13 AM EST

Student on team #70, Auto City Bandits, from Powers Catholic High School and Kettering University.

Team 70 will be there. And we are still sexy too. :slight_smile:

Bill
Team #70
“Am i really supposed to be posting from school?”

Posted by Erin at 2/12/2001 11:20 AM EST

In Reply to: team 70 wiill be there
Posted by bill whitley on 2/12/2001 11:13 AM EST:

bill wears an orange wig.
erin steals his orange wig.
run, erin, run!!!

always good to see the auto city bandits. hey you guys will only be 4 pits away this year!! (65, 66, 67, 68, 70!)

In anticipation,
Erin
“I’m sexy too!”

Posted by bill whitley at 2/12/2001 11:24 AM EST

Student on team #70, Auto City Bandits, from Powers Catholic High School and Kettering University.

In Reply to: always good to see acb
Posted by Erin on 2/12/2001 11:20 AM EST:

This could be trouble…
With Erin so close, how am I going to keep track of my wig? At least I can always rely on the fact that I’m faster than she is. :wink:

Bill
Team #70
“I’m sexy too”

Posted by Brett at 2/14/2001 12:18 AM EST

Student on team #201 from Rochester High School.

In Reply to: so close!
Posted by bill whitley on 2/12/2001 11:24 AM EST:

Super glue?
Duct tape?

uh. runs away

P.S. 201’s at West Michigan and GLR

Posted by Nate Smith at 2/12/2001 11:26 AM EST

Other on team #66, Frostbite, from Willow Run High School and GM Powertrain.

: Who the heck is going to great lakes??

: ROLL CALL!!!

: The best teams (all you cool midwesterners and michiganders) should post here.

: #65 PNHS+GM Huskie Brigade will be there.

: Erin

Posted by Joe Johnson at 2/12/2001 11:59 AM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: I’m there…considering it’s right around the corner (EOM)
Posted by Nate Smith on 2/12/2001 11:26 AM EST:

Seeing as we are one of the defending Champs and that it is right in our backyard, so to speak, I can’t see how we can miss it.

Here is a prediction to rival the most controversial of Car Nack the Great’s prognostications:

The highest score of the Championship Alliance for the GLR will be higher than the highest score for the National Championship Alliance.

Comments?

Joe J.

P.S. Before any of you ask, I have already wagered enough on the 2001 competition. I am only betting my reputation as a clairvoyant on this one.

Posted by Joe Ross at 2/12/2001 12:08 PM EST

Engineer on team #330, Beach Bot, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL , J&F Machine, and Raytheon.

In Reply to: Chief Delphi is attending GLR
Posted by Joe Johnson on 2/12/2001 11:59 AM EST:

: Here is a prediction to rival the most controversial of Car Nack the Great’s prognostications:

: The highest score of the Championship Alliance for the GLR will be higher than the highest score for the National Championship Alliance.

I’m not sure that the highest score in the elims will come at great lakes. I would say that the highest elim score has an equal chance of coming from any of the strong regionals (GLR is one) and the nationals.

I would say that the highest qualifying score will come from one of the strong regionals.

Maybe I’m not as bold of a clairvoyant :wink:

Posted by Dominique at 2/14/2001 9:23 AM EST

Student on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Joe lets don’t forget the tough battle you had to play to win!!! (1-1)IRI.

I totally agree with you, this regional is really better then nationals when it comes to robots.
So you have my vote JOE!!!

Posted by Jim Meyer at 2/14/2001 2:07 PM EST

Engineer on team #67, HOT Team, from Huron Valley Schools and GM Milford Proving Ground.

: Here is a prediction to rival the most controversial of Car Nack the Great’s prognostications:

: The highest score of the Championship Alliance for the GLR will be higher than the highest score for the National Championship Alliance.

I’d guess the odds are slightly with you on this one, based on the combination of these two factors:

High concentration of capable teams at GLR.

More importantly it’s in the 4th week, so teams have had time to fine-tune their strategies an their machines.

Hmm… Reminds me of the Motorola Midwest Last year.

Something else to think about…

For the first time ever we will have hard evidence of just how tough each regional was and how Nationals compares to those. I’m on the edge of my seat…

Posted by Chris Hardman at 2/12/2001 10:36 PM EST

Student on team #111, WILDSTANG, from Rolling Meadows and Wheeling High schools and motorola.

well we are attending the west michigan regional, but if you are attending the great lakes, then you wont be at the motorola midwest regional =(

chris