No roboRIO imaging tool

I have installed all of the updates on the 2015 disc and have updated my computer but when I go to C:/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/LabView 2014/project there is no “roboRIO Imaging Tool”. Any ideas on to why this may be the case?

When you launch the new updated Labview you will first be greeted with a Labview Splash Screen, on the side you should see a “Utilities” Tab. Click that, and your imaging tool should be located there.

Its not. I tried using the NI-RIO RioDeviceSetup tool but it never found the roboRIO.

You’re gonna want to use the roboRio_ImagingTool

Make sure your IPV4 is set to auto and not some default for the Ethernet port on your computer.

Our team could not find a stand alone roborio imaging tool. We had to use the one built into the actual labview code editing program. This option is only available if you chose the full labview install. Installing just the 2015 update will not include labview. Try installing the full installation and then you will find the Utilities tab.

I’m in class right now so I can’t get to the computer but do you mean literally start a new project in LabVIEW 2014?

The imageing tool for your roboRIO is included in the 2015 update suite, you can follow this guide for instructions on how to install the update.