Nominate Dean to carry the Olympic torch

Posted by Jason Leslie at 03/05/2001 5:23 PM EST

Other on team #157, Aztechs, from Assabet Valley RTHS Alumni (Class of 1998) and .

How many of you have seen the Coke commercial to nominate somone who inspires you to carry the olympic torch for the 2002 Winter Games???

On the Coke website they ask this question…

Do you know anyone who demostrates courage, dedication, insperation, passion, and/or a carring and giving spirit???

When I heard this Dean came to mind he does all of this for FIRST. I think that we all should go to the coke website and nominate Dean to carry the Olympic Flame. Visit the link below and click on nominate now. It only takes a few minutes and if he carries the torch you will know that you have thanked Dean in a way that you may never have thought to do.

Tell your other team mates and if someone at each regional event and at the nationals post this information.

Nominate now.

Jay

Posted by Jason Leslie at 03/05/2001 5:29 PM EST

Other on team #157, Aztechs, from Assabet Valley RTHS Alumni (Class of 1998) and .

In Reply to: Nominate Dean to carry the Olympic torch
Posted by Jason Leslie on 03/05/2001 5:23 PM EST:

One thing I forgot we need to get some personal info

address
phone number
date of birth

I think that the first two maybe diffacult to get

I am going to email coke and find out if there is a way to get around this

Posted by Rich at 03/05/2001 5:45 PM EST

Engineer on team #334, BTHS Knights, from Brooklyn Tech. HS and Con Ed, SIAC Keyspan.

In Reply to: Need some personal info
Posted by Jason Leslie on 03/05/2001 5:29 PM EST:

…on the usfirst.org site
Dean Kamen is the President and owner of
DEKA Research & Development Corp
Manchester, New Hampshire

He is an undergraduate of Worcester Poly Institute

that’s a start…

Posted by Fran at 03/06/2001 7:31 AM EST

Other on team #166, Team Merrimack, from Merrimack High School and Texas Instruments/R.S. Machines.

In Reply to: Re: Need some personal info
Posted by Rich on 03/05/2001 5:45 PM EST:

All the newspaper articles say he is 50 years old so that means 1951 and I think I read he went to West H S in Manchester.

Fran
T166

: …on the usfirst.org site
: Dean Kamen is the President and owner of
: DEKA Research & Development Corp
: Manchester, New Hampshire

: He is an undergraduate of Worcester Poly Institute

: that’s a start…

Posted by Peter Krumdieck at 03/07/2001 11:35 AM EST

Engineer on team #353, Pobots, from POB Central School District.

In Reply to: Age 50
Posted by Fran on 03/06/2001 7:31 AM EST:

: All the newspaper articles say he is 50 years old so that means 1951 and I think I read he went to West H S in Manchester.

: Fran
: T166

:
: : …on the usfirst.org site
: : Dean Kamen is the President and owner of
: : DEKA Research & Development Corp
: : Manchester, New Hampshire

: : He is an undergraduate of Worcester Poly Institute

: : that’s a start…

The 60 minutes article placed his age at 49 (so 50 is close enough for olympic work).

Dean is originally from Long Island NY and went to South Side HS in Rockville Center, (Nassau County), NY.
His address could just be West Wind Estate, Manchester, NH I don’t know how anyone in Manchester could not know it.
And his work phone is probably on the DEKA Research site (www.dekaresearch.com)if not use the FIRST phone No.

Perhaps he can represent the sovreign North Dumpling Island.

-pete

Posted by Pamela at 03/06/2001 11:40 AM EST

Student on team #166, Techno Insanity, from Merrimack High School and Texas Instruments.

In Reply to: Need some personal info
Posted by Jason Leslie on 03/05/2001 5:29 PM EST:

Dean is actually listed in the phone book, thats kinda funny :). Here is his address and phone number!
Dean Kamen
15 West Wind Dr
Bedford, NH 03110
472-2131 or 472-9091
~Pamela

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 03/05/2001 8:26 PM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

I have doubts that Dean would accept. Five reasons. First, he succeeded from the United States. Third, he tends not to like professional sports (whether Olympics count, I don’t know). Sixth, the torch likely isn’t environmentally safe (recall Sterling engine). Fourth, he would refuse to wear a pair of sneakers. Lastly, I’m sure he has something better to do.

Although he might use IT to transport the torch around. Should be out by then, and would be a good way to get free advertising.

Patrick

: How many of you have seen the Coke commercial to nominate somone who inspires you to carry the olympic torch for the 2002 Winter Games???

: On the Coke website they ask this question…

: Do you know anyone who demostrates courage, dedication, insperation, passion, and/or a carring and giving spirit???

: When I heard this Dean came to mind he does all of this for FIRST. I think that we all should go to the coke website and nominate Dean to carry the Olympic Flame. Visit the link below and click on nominate now. It only takes a few minutes and if he carries the torch you will know that you have thanked Dean in a way that you may never have thought to do.

: Tell your other team mates and if someone at each regional event and at the nationals post this information.

: Nominate now.

: Jay

Posted by Pamela at 03/05/2001 9:16 PM EST

Student on team #166, Techno Insanity, from Merrimack High School and Texas Instruments.

Dean is listed in the phone book :slight_smile: He lives in a big pretty house the next town over from me :). Here is his phone number and address:
Dean Kamen
15 West Wind Dr.
Bedford, NH 03110
472-2131 or 472-9091
I don’t know his birthdate… does anyone?
~Pamela

Posted by ChrisH at 03/06/2001 11:14 AM EST

Engineer on team #330, Beach 'Bots, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA JPL, J & F Machine, Raytheon, et al.

In Reply to: Re: Nominate Dean to carry the Olympic torch
Posted by Pamela on 03/05/2001 9:16 PM EST:

I think Woody is just as inspirational. Can we nomimate two people? Of course we’d need the same info for him.

ChrisH

: Dean is listed in the phone book :slight_smile: He lives in a big pretty house the next town over from me :). Here is his phone number and address:
: Dean Kamen
: 15 West Wind Dr.
: Bedford, NH 03110
: 472-2131 or 472-9091
: I don’t know his birthdate… does anyone?
: ~Pamela

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/06/2001 12:04 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: How could we leave out Woody?
Posted by ChrisH on 03/06/2001 11:14 AM EST:

It says on the Coke page that people to run will be picked randomly. I dont think theyre reading our “inspirational stories”.

-Jessica B, #237