Northern Virginia Practice Field Collaboration

Given our teams situation, we simply do not have the resources or space to construct a playing feild on which to practice next year, as was the case this year. I’m not sure if this is an issue for other teams (though I suspect it is) but I think everyone could benefit if several teams pooled their resources and built a communal playing field. Our team can most likely supply lumber and many people experienced in construction elborate sets and other such things of wood. (This of course assumes next year’s arena will involve that sort of thing.)

So any teams in the NoVa area (and I mean a very liberal interpretation of that term) interested? I know it’s a bit early to be talking about it, but hey, why not get this kind of scheming underway ahead of time.

Here is a list of teams I know of in the general area:
116 (Epsilon Delta)
and, erm, no one else

There are currently ten teams in northern Virginia, all within a 15-mile radius (including 116, 602, 611, 612, 614, 620, 623, 1123, 1418, and 1463). That does not include the teams in the District or local Maryland regions.

Give teams a little time to return from Atlanta and check in on CD. Also, you might contact many of them directly (you can consider Team 116 “contacted” - and we’re in!). You will probably get a very positive reponse. Collaborating (not colluding) on a shared field is a fine idea. The only problem may be finding a place to set it up and use it (e.g. in our case, we always build the field components, but virtually never have the space to lay out a complete field and assemble everything at once).

-dave

Um, I’m on 614- I’ll try to notify other members of the team, but given I don’t even attend the school the rest of the team members attend, and that team members may not be interested/busy…

The hard part is finding a location to build the field at. Find that, and support will come.

Wetzel