Notification from a particular forum

Is there any way I can set it so I receive an e-mail notification whenever a new thread is posted in a particular forum?

test

I had adam test that for me, because I wasn’t 100% sure.

In vb3 you can have daily/weekly email updates for subscribed forums. You can also have instant/daily/weekly updates for particular threads in vb3.

In vb2, you can have emails for threads only.

Have we upgraded to VB3 yet?

*Originally posted by Ryan_team710 *
**Have we upgraded to VB3 yet? **

no, you can find the version number at the bottom of every page on the forums. we are currently on version number 2.2.9. and you will know when we upgrade to vb3. LOTS of nice changes :]

O i see i have never scrolled down taht far :] I cant wait for vb 3 it sounds awesome do we know when the upgrade will take place

*Originally posted by Ryan_team710 *
**O i see i have never scrolled down taht far :] I cant wait for vb 3 it sounds awesome do we know when the upgrade will take place **

Hopefully when August/September rolls around.

Brandon:

well. we do, but if I were to announce where I have it installed, I’d be breaking the license agreement. We can technically only have one public version of vBulletin running.

I can say this, though: vB3 is awesome, but the amount of options and new features is semi-overwhelming. I have only glanced at the code once, and was amazed at the amount of changes they have made. It looks very clean & organized, but almost totally different from vB2, so it will take me some time to get the new features coded, mainly because of the new core system to learn.

Also, there are still quite a few bugs. I installed a fresh version, just to play with, and we’ve found alot of little things here & there that still need some work before they release the actual vb3 version. I’d expect a few more months of testing and a few more beta/release candidates before I install it on our main forums. I can, however, get going on the image gallery, white papers, and Ventures, to get them ready for next season. The base code shouldn’t change too much from now->gold release.

i think ill wait till vb3 comes out to give my thoughts of it…

*Originally posted by dez250 *
**i think ill wait till vb3 comes out to give my thoughts of it… **

It’s running on Home - vBulletin Community Forum right now, if you want a peek. It is missing a final style, and a bunch of bug fixes. :slight_smile:

it’s nice, ill give it a 4* out of 5 now but it needs alot of bug fixes… I can see many places that lack improvement that should of been fixed. Including the admin glitch, i wasnt even logged in and went to the site and got it first hit.
~Mike

*Originally posted by dez250 *
Including the admin glitch, i wasnt even logged in and went to the site and got it first hit.

Admin glitch?

where when i go to a new forum, it shows up with some admin options and thats it, though they do nothing… It has been brought up here a few times.
~Mike