nvision.dll for dashboard main.vi missing

I’m trying to find nvision.dll for the driver station. After some forum spelunking, I’ve come up w/ the location that it’s supposed to be in, but I am not finding it there, nor am I finding in what package it’s located to be installed from. (I’m finding it’s suggested to be within the vision folder within the root directory for labView).

Thank you for any insight!

Did you install LabVIEW? If you’re using C++ or Java, did you install the FRC Tools or driver station support from the LabVIEW DVD? See http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/3120/m/8559/l/89639-installing-the-2013-frc-tools-and-driver-station-for-c-or-java

It comes as part of the LabVIEW installation from the Kit.
You don’t have to install all of LabVIEW if you don’t want to, but there are some Tools people find helpful.

It’s the Dashboard that requires the vision dll, not actually the Driver Station app.
The reason you see it when starting the Driver Station is only because the Driver Station then starts the default Dashboard. You can click through the errors and the Driver Station will still come up.

Oh, I used the online installer for labView, which appears to be the 2012 version. I’ll give the CD a go. Is there an online resource that anyone is aware of (for my laptops that don’t have dvd players any longer)?

You’ll need to use the NI install media that came with the Kit. Not the online version.
You can just copy the files to a USB stick and install from the stick on your machines without DVD drives.

Thank you guys! I just “ok’d through the errors for now with success and will install the cd tonight” I appreciate the quick responses!