NY Regionals on local NY News

Posted by Brian Cholerton at 03/16/2001 9:00 AM EST

Engineer on team #311, Red Jammers, from East Islip High School and KeySpan Energy, Multiline Corp., Computer Assoc…

Great exposure for FIRST on the NewYork channel 7 AM News show. About 4 or 5 minutes from Columbia University. If any team needs a copy of the tape stop by the pits and see team # 311 “The RedJammers” in Florida and we’ll have some copies available.

Once again when pressed on “IT” Dean turned the conversation around to FIRST.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/16/2001 2:45 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: NY Regionals on local NY News
Posted by Brian Cholerton on 03/16/2001 9:00 AM EST:

So far I havent seen anything about FIRST on Channel 11, the NYC NBC affiliate (Yes, I know Watertown is closer to the Mass border than it is to NYC, but we get that station for some strange reason)…I think they’re going to be receiving an email from me about it today :wink:

Which station is Channel 7 with? CBS or ABC (or one I’m forgetting?)

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Brian Cholerton at 03/17/2001 11:57 PM EST

Engineer on team #311, Red Jammers, from East Islip High School and KeySpan Energy, Multiline Corp., Computer Assoc…

In Reply to: Channel 7 but not 11…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 03/16/2001 2:45 PM EST:

Actually they’re with ABC and it was my mistake it wasn’t local news it was GMA!! I got a call at work from my wife to tell me about it and she put the VCR on to tape it. A very nice piece on FIRST with Dean there sitting atop the IBOT.

Super coverage and it just so happens that team 713 was the top seed at the NYC Regionals and Team 47 “the Chief” was on the winning alliance.

Great job guys!!

: Which station is Channel 7 with? CBS or ABC (or one I’m forgetting?)

: -Jessica B, #237