[OCCRA]: The best so far????

Ok, we have been through 2 competitions, who looks the best so far?

47 and 17 are both looking quite strong.

See you all Thursday

I agree, I have especially noticed team 47 doing exceptionally well. 33 Is also great this year, as well as team 17. I’m looking forward to the next competition to see if this continues.

Haha thats so awesome to hear! (I"m from team 17). AThis is my first year during OCCRA, and i am SOOO amazed at what everybody has come up with there are sooo many different ideas i love it :slight_smile: GOOD LUCK tommorrow to everybody!!!

Team 2 is pretty awesome. I greatly admire their performance at walled lake, and the design of their robot is second to none.

The boy that controls the pneumatics on their bot is pretty cute, too.

I will have to go with 47,33,2,17 and 9, they stand out the most to me in my opinion. See you guys tomorrow night at OLSM :slight_smile: .

I would have to add 469 to this list after seeing them and being thier partner last night. :slight_smile:

With an up-and-coming award to Hazel Park. They made some awesome moves last night.

Homework for everyone - encourage them to take advantage of the Michigan grant and join FIRST.

man yall can not give credit to team 2 (Roeper and admitly my school) but if you look at the scores. Well I’d say that tells it all

What is that supposed to mean please explain!!! Not understanding it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

heh sorry, the scores idicate that your team is better then ours…
but not say 17 or 33 which early in the thread were named as strong teams…

since there was a glitch in the standings the scoes now indicate that they are, but you guys are right up there with everyone else in the top, you have a good robot. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

actually that drives our average score out up if you count out of 8 insted of 12. and we do because we fail to acknowlage the ligitmacy of the sexist scoring system!

At least we tried, everyone on the team got their girlfriends to help out in the real competitions, but we still couldn’t enter them in the women’s competition.

you can’t drive a bot with just your left hand am i rite?

ROFL to the max

so not ok for OCCRA forums…

Seeing that am a girl, I don’t see what or how this could be sexist in any way. Personally the only schools I see that would have trouble in getting girls would be team 573, 9 those would be the only teams that I would see who have the right to complain. Our team started out with about 9 girls and we are now down to about three main ones. I believe that if your team does not have girls interested in robotics then, that is no one’s fault at all. Having the girls competition should not be looked at sexist at all. I believe it is a great opportunity for woman to get involved and to make something of themselves. Giving the woman that actually do help build and organize their team to drive and show what they are capable of. :slight_smile: :roll eyes:

you can’t drive a bot with just your left hand am i rite?

yea… you are a girl… and its sexist against guys not girls. OMG ETHOS!

Personally the only schools I see that would have trouble in getting girls would be team 573, 9 those would be the only teams that I would see who have the right to complain.

And umm… why wouldnt our school (2) have trouble getting girls (and I’ll assume you are talking about getting girls on the team).

Our team started out with about 9 girls and we are now down to about three main ones.

out of a HUGE school your team could only get three girls…

I believe that if your team does not have girls interested in robotics then, that is no one’s fault at all.

i agree and im not blaming anyone. I’m just saying we have to abadon sexist policys because not only are they sexist but some schools get an advantage!

Having the girls competition should not be looked at sexist at all. I believe it is a great opportunity for woman to get involved and to make something of themselves. Giving the woman that actually do help build and organize their team to drive and show what they are capable of. :slight_smile: :roll eyes:

this part made me cry… you are saying that without a womens compitions women are incapalbe of being a part of robotics! you are saying the women dont have the skill to compeat with men without any advantages! your own team i belive uses women drivers normally and seems to be doing fine… clearly women dont need any advantages…

sorry for the poor spelling through out this post.

Let’s drop the sexist thing alright these are the rules that occra made we all have to deal with them, and it hurts some, but you have to overcome it and STOP crying. Your coach could have attended the coaches meetings that were held and could have voiced his opinion so take it up with him if you guys are having such problems. :slight_smile:

heh we arnt crying. We are just pointing out that some teams look better or worse then they actually are because of the scoring system.

That’s what scouting is for. :slight_smile: Good Scouting is better than relying on the ranking system.

~Allison