[OCCRA]: Trash Can Details

In terms of the trash can:

1. How much will the counter weight weigh? This, we assume, will be anchored to the inside bottom of the trash can so as to NOT flop around during dumping.

2. What is the dimension from the top rim to the top of the false floor inside the can?

Thanks.

The official OCCRA answers have to come in the OCCRA Q & A forum, not here. (This is the forum for informal discussions among OCCRA teams.)
I just copied and pasted your question into the OFFICIAL OCCRA Q & A section and will get you an answer before the end of the day.
–Mr. Mac

Unofficially, I believe Jim Zondag said that the false bottom’s top surface was 14" below the rim; I will confirm that in the official Q & A section later today.

For weighting the bottom of the trash cans, we have decided to use standard domestic automotive steel wheels, approximately 15" in diameter and weighing approximately 22 lbs.; teams wishing to duplicate this for one of their own trash cans can probably get used wheels for $5-10 (and auto supply stores will sometimes just give old ones away since they are often stored out back for scrap pick-up!)

The wheels will have their outer surface face downward so that the lowest CG is achieved.

The wheels will be secured to the bottom of the trash can with some wood shims, bolts and zip ties so that the weight does not shift around when the trash can is getting tipped.

The false bottom of the trash can is made from a round piece of 1/2" plywood that is mounted to the sides with wood screws. The top surface of the false bottom will be 14" above the bottom of the trash can.

Mr. Mac,

Thanks for getting the details out concerning this. Your details will make it a lot easier to make an identical game piece.

Thanks again,
Mr. Kemp
Benzene Bots

:ahh: