Off-Season Announcement: Bordie Blast 2024 - Bordie in Show

We are excited to announce that the 4th annual Bordie Blast 2024 - Bordie in Show is back at Sammamish High School this year! Join us for an action-packed weekend on October 5-6, 2024 (with setup and potential load-in on the 4th).

Event Details:

• Dates: October 5-6, 2024 (Setup and potential load-in on the 4th)
  • Game: FIRST Robotics Competition: CRESCENDO
  • Hosted by: Sammamish High School’s FRC Team 2412, the Robototes

Important Information:

• Game Rules: We will be using the 2024 Game Rules with one modification: teams cannot choose a second team from their school as their first pick.
  • Registration Fee: $300
  • Volunteer Sign-Up: Volunteer Here
  • Event Merchandise: Limited edition T-shirts available (black for guests, baja colored for volunteers)
  • Lodging Info: Hotels and Restaurants - We are working to secure group rates with some hotels; details to come.
  • Team Limit: 34

Call for Volunteers and Feedback:

We are looking for volunteers to help make this event a success! Please sign up to volunteer at the link above. Additionally, we would love to hear your feedback on last year’s event and any ideas you have for this year. Please leave a comment on this thread with your suggestions and let us know if you have tools or resources that might help us achieve our goals.

Special Features:

Bordie Vision, our in-house video broadcast and capture system, will be making a return, and we expect it to be bigger and better than ever! We hope to have more “Bordie on the Run” cameras available for live robot feeds during the matches.

We had so much fun last year and can’t wait to see everyone again. This year, we are limiting the event to 34 teams, so register soon! We especially encourage teams from out of state to attend.

See you at Bordie in Show!

Event Website
Team Website

~Evan Kline~
Lead Mentor - Robototes

20 Likes

Just signed up to volunteer!

5 Likes

Will this event be run using the VH-109?

We are looking into it. We are a big fan of the new radio and would love to use it, but I don’t believe that decision has been made yet. If anyone planning on attending has preferences one way or the other I’d love to hear them.

Last year we had the mobile “Bordie on the Run” camera operating on 6ghz WIFI. This year we want to potentially expand to having livestreams from all 6 robots simultaneously, so we might need to switch around which frequency is used for that.

1 Like

Official word now, is we will use the old radios, as will the WA Girls Generation competition. Both Hosts feel that it is more accessible to not require teams to purchase and receive their new radio by the start of our off-seasons. We are coordinating this with our FTAs and CSAs. I am also a big fan of the new radio, but am also a big fan of accessibility and I know how slow the wheels of ASB and purchasing can grind in September.

4 Likes

Update 07/03/2024

Our team list is growing, and space is running out fast, be sure to have your team sign up before our roster is full!

Bordie Blast - Team List

2 Likes