Ohio Webcast

Yay, I can see it!!.. Unfortunately it’s a closeup of somones back! I wonder if in todays amazing age of communication, someone could tell them to reposition that camera. It’s the Media player one
here
I keep wanting to look around him, instead I peer through his armpit…:ahh:

Fixed.

How in the world did I jyst see a match with Bins left on top of the Hill??? There’s no excuse for that :stuck_out_tongue:

KA

omg tell someone to zoom in ANYONE IN OHIO SEEING THIS TELL THE CAMERAMAN TO ZOOM IN!!! or just pick ONE angle and stick with it.

Yay, a stack of 3 was made, couldn’t see the team number… Man I feel sorry for these high cg machines getting bashed while they lay on there sides.

Seeing something besides the back of the DJ: Priceless

Having the camera SWITCH ANGLES THE SECOND THAT CHIEF DELPHI WENT INTO AUTONOMOUS MODE AND (presumably) KNOCKED OVER THE STACK WITHIN A FEW SECONDS: NOT SO PRICELESS!!

Regardless, it’s good to actually see the competition now. This game looks much more exciting than I previously thought.

aTm

So much for working today… :slight_smile:

Tony, where are you watching the webcast?
Will you be at Midwest this year?

KA-Moto108

Looks like the suction cups aren’t working. I saw a bot that looked like it had about 12-16 of them on 2 arms it dropped, and another bot pushed em right off the top.

HOLY COW!

What’s the link to the webcast?

http://robotics.nasa.gov/events/webcasts/regionals.htm

*Originally posted by Swampdude *
**Looks like the suction cups aren’t working. I saw a bot that looked like it had about 12-16 of them on 2 arms it dropped, and another bot pushed em right off the top. **

I can possibly answer why this is (as why were going to use suction cups until we found this out).

1. Any scratches that the cups come down on, hinders the effectiveness of the cup since there is air that is allowed into the vacuum area.
  2. There just isn’t enough pressure the hold the cups down.
  3. Suction cups are pretty easy to slide side to side, but basically impossible to move upward. Well if both bots are on a level surface, it would still be somewhat easy to move a bot w/ suction cups.