OI Problems

When we tether our OI to our robot, there is a problem. The green power light comes on on the OI, but nothing else. Usually the 4 digit display shows some characters when initializing, but now it doesn’t. Also, on the robot controller, the Radio modem is flashing red, even though no radio is connected. When running a program instructed to print to screen, we get nothing. Is there something I am missing?

are you sure all the cables are in tight and in the right place? We plugin everything when we do it, tether, radios, and program cable

Our OI isn’t even initializing. Usually, it displays a bunch of things, and ends with displaying our team number. Now, it displays nothing. Blank. It is recieving power through the tether, as indicated by the green power LED, but beyond that, nothing happens.

You didn’t happen to hook anything up to the Competition Port did you?

First of all, make sure that you are using the RED tether cable, it wont plug in if you are not using it.

Also, it shouldnt matter if your Radios are plugged in or not either on the OI or the RC. You could probably leave them in and it wont make a difference.

Other than that the only thing that I could think of would be to make sure that your team number is programmed into the OI and make sure that the RC is reading that number. We had a problem with that too, we tried to run 3 bots at once and it didn’t work until we put them all on different channels and numbers.

Good Luck!
Jacob

No. Nothing is in the competition port.

Our OI isn’t even initializing. Usually, it displays a bunch of things, and ends with displaying our team number. Now, it displays nothing. Blank. It is recieving power through the tether, as indicated by the green power LED, but beyond that, nothing happens.

Does it work if you use the radio w/o the tether?

I’m not sure if this will work, but last time I uploaded the Master Code to the RC it asked me to connect the OI via tether. Maybe it loads the Master Code to the OI as well… May be something to try.

Have you tried powering the OI with it’s own power supply?
It could be low battery power from the RC through the tether.
The OI should do its normal countdown when powered up.

You won’t get any response out of the RC until it successfully establishes communication with the OI. From your description the RC is behaving as expected, just the OI is not.

Thanks for your help. It seems the problem has resolved itself.