Ok so NXT alternative Please

ok, so im at a road block here, no one is responding back about whether or not we can use the NXT, so can anyone provide alternatives, or can we just mount a speaker and make that work, and im referring to the batterytester, just search the forums, youll find it, anyway, does anyone have any alternatives, or is it a lost cause?

You have made 3 posts in the last 2 hours, I don’t understand any of them. Please be patient, getting a good response takes time. Also, please strive to be clearer in your queries. Lastly, please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

Tell us what you want to do, and then how you want to do it. It may be that although “how” is illegal, “what” is possible by another route.

Have you read the manual? Sorry to be so blunt, but that’s the first thing you need to do if you haven’t done so already. It sounds like you haven’t.

As for whether you can use the NXT, I’ve traced the flowchart to the question, Is it an Additional Electronics component? If yes, and the cost is fine, you’re good. If not, then you’re not.

The next question is, what are you using it for? If you’re using it to monitor battery voltage, I believe the cRIO has something that can do that for you. The answer to the “what are you using it for” can help figure out where to find the answers.

If you are using it for voltage/current monitoring, see <R44>. Also see all rules about custom circuits; the NXT would count as one.

I’ll echo EricVanWyk here… i can’t make heads or tails out of what you’re asking. What do you mean by “use the nxt”? If you are referring to Lego Mindstorms NXT, the sensors from that kit may be able to be used, although i believe the GDC said in the Q&A that the i2c port isn’t allowed, which would mean those sensors couldn’t be hooked up easily (but it is still possible through other means).

What is this about a speaker? according to the rules,

<R02>
ROBOT parts shall not be made from hazardous materials, be unsafe, or cause an unsafe condition. Items specifically PROHIBITED from use on the ROBOT include:
…]
B.
Speakers, sirens, air horns, or other audio devices that generate sound at a level sufficient to be a distraction or hindrance affecting the outcome of a MATCH

what battery tester? As far as i know, there is no such item normally associated with the lego NXT, but i could be wrong… if you want something inline to display battery voltage or something along those lines, certain types of those items are allowed, but check the rule book - they are expressly listed.

Finally, you’re telling us to search the forums? for what?

I think (from what little I could understand) that he was talking about this: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72114

Honestly, I think the reason people didn’t respond faster is because the grammar in the opening post (and the other similar posts) is giving English teachers everywhere heart attacks. Correct grammar and punctuation go a long ways towards clear communication.