I was trying to setup a place on Facebook that would be helpful for teams to exchange information like this using mobile phone to snap a photo and upload it to a group. You’re welcome to use this group to quickly share photos.
330, during my time on the team, NEVER had a problem with ours, except the one time when a programmer jammed the '05 arm into a hard stop during testing and broke the output on a gearbox (no motor stalling there). 3/5 robots used them in arm/lift applications, running through their stock gearbox before adding some extra reduction or a winch system.
2004: two FPs on a winch system pulled the robot up to the 10’ bar.
2005: two FPs ran the arm. We later discovered that one would have been enough, when we inadvertently left a PWM unplugged.
2007: We didn’t have enough weight for two FPs on the arm, so we only used one.
I think 2006 used BB motors instead of FPs in ball transport systems; 2003 used only 4 motors, two in drive and one of the others was a CIM.