Online CAD Challenge - Looking for a Holiday Project?

Greetings! I am new to the forums, and I help coordinate Autodesk staff volunteering for local VEX and FIRST events in Michigan. I’d like to share an online challenge posted on the REC Foundation site that is open not only to FIRST and VEX teams, but also to all students 13-24 who love robots!

With the holidays soon approaching, do you like to design stuff and work on projects? I know I do! To help, I wanted to pass along a fun opportunity for you to design and 3D print robotics parts using Autodesk CAD technology – perhaps a little extra credit weekend project during this festive time of year?

Enhance your skills for future careers
This online challenge will help you create something unique and bring it to life with 3D printing, including access to free training to expand or improve your design skills! All of the software, tools and training needed to succeed are available on the website at no charge: www.autodesk.com/CADEngineeringChallenge

Network and make industry connections
Participants in the online challenge earn base membership to the Autodesk Student Expert Community, where you can connect with peers and industry professionals worldwide.

Note that even though first prize includes a qualifying spot to the VEX World Championships, you do not need to be part of a VEX team to enter - there are plenty of other cool prizes to win, including 3D printers and a drone quadcopter. Multiple entries are allowed, as long as they are each different designs meeting the challenge requirements.

Enjoy this festive time of year, and good luck with your designs!

Thanks for sharing this !

The VEX online challenges are fantastic learning experiences.