Onshape Apps

Hi, my name is Mikey from 1836, and I was wondering what Onshape app add ons teams use, what they like about them, and if they recommend any for us to try. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

We don’t really use any apps, but use a few featurescripts, including belt, chain path, fix pcb(simplifies a model) and lighten

2 Likes

Link Tab is useful for integrating google docs/sheets. I created some robot calculators to integrate. I also figured out how to integrate our cheesy parts server. You have to enable iframes to get it to work (and use https). I used letsencrypt for that.

3 Likes

The two featurescripts we use most are the custom length extrusion and extrusion grid. You can find these by searching “extrusion featurescript -FRC 1745”. These two allow you to create a tube or hex shaft or hex spacers etc with only two clicks and a dimension. The workflow revolutionized our robot design. We also use lighten, chain path generator and belt.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.