Looking for 2-3 Composites Manufacturing Engineers in Avondale, PA. If you or someone your know is interested, please apply at this link:
You can also contact me directly if you have questions - [email protected]
Position Description – Composites Manufacturing Engineer
CIVCO RADIOTHERAPY/QFIX COMPANY INFORMATION
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage starts on Day One! Free: life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Telehealth Appointments, and Employee Assistance Program. Immediate vesting of 401(k) matching. Generous PTO and 11 Paid Holidays a year. And, most importantly… truly meaningful work!
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families? We design and manufacture radiation oncology medical devices to ensure more accurate, comfortable treatment for cancer patients. Qfix/CIVCO Radiotherapy is the global market leader in patient positioning. As an innovative medical device company, we focus on discovering, developing, and distributing technology-driven solutions to improve outcomes for radiotherapy patient positioning.
We are growing rapidly and have many positions currently open as we bring in new production lines and add additional shifts! Join us and move from paycheck to purpose.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Composites Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing composites manufacturing design and processes concurrently as part of the product R&D process. Under general directions with limited review, this position participates in the planning of engineering projects and develops innovative composites designs and processes in order to meet project goals. The position documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff, and makes technical presentations.
- Works hand in hand with the Composites and Devices Value Stream (production and engineering) to ensure that new and redesigned products are efficient for manufacturing and minimizes the potential for rework and waste.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers on implementing new designs.
- Work closely with R&D engineers to concurrently develop highly manufacturable composites designs and processes.
- Acts as technical expert in composites materials as well as composites manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, difficult coordination requirements, and special material requirements.
- Reviews and develops R&D engineering and product development capabilities.
- Assist in determining the manufacturability of newly designed products.
- Researches, proposes and reviews requests for changes for products within the Company’s portfolio and new product designs.
- Provides direction to design and technical staff on composite design projects
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Devises new approaches to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide multi-functional design teams to complete tasks and projects as scheduled.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other tasks as assigned.
BS in Engineering.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Advanced Composites Manufacturing. Typical experience may include working with Prepregs, Core Laminates, Hand Layup, RTM, VARTM, Oven Curing, Autoclave Curing, Press Curing, Bonding and/or Finishing. For the right candidate, a mixture of experience and education will be considered.
Experience with 3D CAD experience with PDM, SolidWorks a plus.
Experience with a variety of tooling techniques for both molding and machining/trimming.
Experience using Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) tool
Experience with agile planning and Scrum within product development projects.
Familiarity with Lean concepts and implementation.
Project Management Experience a plus
Experience with ERP a plus