Open Source Signin App

Hey, This is a small python app that I wrote to track signin’s using python’s pickle module, and output to an excel readable comma delimeted format. I am posting it here so that other teams can use it, and if there are any programmers out there who think up a new feature, or a bug fix… please send me an email with lines changed and the new code, or just a complaint about the bug, and how to reproduce it. nilesenator[at]gmail.com

Please keep in mind that while the code DOES WORK, it is in early ALPHA/BETA development stages. And I make no guarrantees of its effectiveness. Keeping that in mind, I hope it is useful.

Other than IN-Program instructions, type “a” at the Name/ID prompt to access admin mode, and use user info, clear user, or output, etc.
Also, if you enter your name for the first time… It will give you a best, but obviously incorrect, guess as to what it thinks your name is, just say no it is incorrect, and it will offer you a chance to create a new user. Then just enter your name again to sign in.

The ID number is mostly for the easy inclusion of a barcode/RFID signin system

P.S. For those of you who do not use python… download a easy-install version from an easy to find site if you google active python. Thanks

-Niles David
(294)

Sign In.zip (2.32 KB)

Sign In.zip (2.32 KB)

I don’t see an attached file. Can you post it again? :slight_smile:

Hey, sorry about that, something wierd happened with the upload manager, and I didn’t see it until now. I guess its just as well, as I changed the name recognition code since I uploaded it.

I’ll attach the file again. Let me know about any questions anyone has. Thanks

-Niles

Sign In Soundex.zip (4.33 KB)

Sign In Soundex.zip (4.33 KB)

I uploaded the code as a google doc, if anyone is interested in editing it, let me know.

-Niles
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfqd2p3s_15czgsmkfb