Original application of Jideco motors

Does anyone know the type automobile the Jideco motors were used in? We would like to get a mating linear track out of a junked auto if we can identify make and model.

While I can’t give you a specific model, I can tell you that jideco motors where used (are used) in Nissan cars, and possibly some Isuzu vehicles as well. I think your best bet is to hunt for the Nissan cars that may use them as I believe some 70% of jidecos sales goes to Nissan motor company’s. There are other ways of finding belts that work with the motors, as I have seen some teams in the past with them.(or systems very similar) I’ll take a look at what kind of belt it wants, and take a look around the web to see if I can find anything that would work. Best of luck.

I do not believe you will find a rack to mesh with these gears because the window lift mechanisms I have seen use large gear sections (~120deg and 8" radius) to mesh with the window motors.

ahh, I may have read the initial post wrong, if in fact they are looking for a rack (and not a belt - I may have been confused, thinking about some of the motors we had in the past) then you may not be able to find what you want. I’m not saying it dosn’t exist, but it may easier to try and come up with a differant way.

Past kits provided the track and window tape, as well as the mating thing (pully? sprocket? pinion? I’m not sure what it’s called). There are three main types of power windows: the gear and arm system you describe, a cable and pully system, and a tape driven system. The motors in the kit are designed for the third.

I’m not sure of which vehicle the Jideco motors came from. However, as far as I know, the Nippon-Denso motors were from a '91 to '94 Ford Taurus. These motors are pretty much the same so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve tried to find the same linear thing that you’re looking for…we’ve got the same idea. I couldn’t find it on the ford parts online catalog.

Great minds think alike,
Mike F, team 1279