over/under the rail

Posted by Ken Loyd at 2/18/2001 7:30 PM EST

Coach on team #64, Gila Monsters, from Highland High School and Genreal Motors Desert Proving Grounds.

Team 64 is looking for teams that can go over or under the rail. Did anyone try it? Where you successful?

Posted by Brian at 2/18/2001 11:15 PM EST

Student on team #56, Robbe Xtreme, from Bound Brook High School and Ethicon Inc…

In Reply to: over/under the rail
Posted by Ken Loyd on 2/18/2001 7:30 PM EST:

Our team 56 can go UNDER the rail and we can also still score big balls, go over the bridge, balance a goal w/o us on the bridge, raise/lower the bridge, and tow a goal around…

Brian Team 56

Posted by Rob Zeuge at 2/19/2001 11:36 AM EST

Coach on team #121, Rhode Warrior, from University of Rhode Island and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

More tha half of the teams at the Quincy meet went under the bar very well, you should check out the video of it posted by Kyle Fenton in the general forum.

Rob Zeuge
[email protected]

Posted by Carrie at 2/19/2001 1:53 PM EST

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from OSMTech Academy and Textron.

Team 221 Mi roboworks can go under the bar. I know this because my older brother is one of the project engineers. They do very well going under it.

: Team 64 is looking for teams that can go over or under the rail.  Did anyone try it?  Where you successful?

Posted by Erin at 2/19/2001 4:32 PM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Re: over/under the rail
Posted by Carrie on 2/19/2001 1:53 PM EST:

221 probably could’ve done it with that little monster they had last year. that baby was a beast, i bet they could have.

they had experience towards this years game with that one (i am speaking of the post-basket design of course)… no wonder…they will probably be awesome at it.
here’s to markesino, lapp, and ridley (hugs her collection of 221 t-shirts)… good luck guys.

-erin

Posted by Andrew Fleming at 2/20/2001 7:20 AM EST

Coach on team #221, MI Roboworks, from Michigan Technological University and MI Roboworks / MTU.

In Reply to: about 221…
Posted by Erin on 2/19/2001 4:32 PM EST:

You bet 221 is going under the bar! Having pulled a few all-nighters this weekend (I only got home an hour ago), we’ve finished all but a few special “highlights.” Watch out, this year’s bot is fast, strong, and lookin sharp!

Wish I had some pics to post, but I’m afraid I don’t have any. We’ll get some on here eventually, though.

Best of luck to everyone, and for those of you going to GLR, we’ll see you there!

-Andrew

Posted by Kevin Sevcik at 2/19/2001 5:04 PM EST

Other on team #57, Leopards, from BT Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions and Exxon, Kellog Brown & Root, Powell Electrical.

Team 57 can go under the bar. Well in one configuration, anyways. That configuration also has two goal grabbing, balancing, and possibly ramp control, depending on what the team did while I was away…

Posted by Josh at 2/21/2001 8:22 AM EST

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

: Team 64 is looking for teams that can go over or under the rail. Did anyone try it? Where you successful?

hmmm…with this many people going under the bar…i thinks it looks like SOMEONE is gonna loose a bet…

Josh
Team 419
“The other line always moves faster”

Posted by Janna at 02/22/2001 3:10 PM EST

Student on team #349, The RoBahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Company and Robert Bosch GmbH.

Our robot has gone over the bar the few times we’ve tried it in practice. It’s hard to explain how it does it and we don’t have any video. Just…think pole vaulting without actually going airborne, if that helps. :slight_smile: