Overbooked Reservations

Posted by Daniel.

Coach on team #483, BORG, from Berkeley High School and NASA Ames & UC Berkeley.

Posted on 1/27/2000 2:16 AM MST

Hi All!

I was wondering, since I know many teams overbook their teams and end up needing less rooms than they initially reserved, do any teams expect to have one extra room? My team is very small and anyone with one room would be a big help. All in all, we’d be looking for 3-4 rooms at all star. Please let me know if you have any space available. Thanks!

PS - We have money $$$$$

Posted by Aya.

Student on team #115, MVRT, from Monta Vista High School and NASA Ames Research Center and 3Com.

Posted on 1/28/2000 5:22 AM MST

In Reply to: Overbooked Reservations posted by Daniel on 1/27/2000 2:16 AM MST:

I’m just going to add my dilemma onto his posting… Anyway, our team is having difficulties in getting a hotel somewhere reasonable in price and distance-wise from the competition arena as well. I am in need of about 10 rooms or so… Is there anyone who’s able to spare some rooms for us to purchase, or any space whatsoever? As long as my members are in the same area (preferably Allstars?) we’re happy campers. Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Sincerely,
-Aya-
MVRT, #115

Posted by Michael Martus.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central H.S. and Delphi Automotives Systems.

Posted on 1/28/2000 5:12 PM MST

In Reply to: Need rooms for Florida!! posted by Aya on 1/28/2000 5:22 AM MST:

I have heard from some friends that are going to Epcot at the same time (not with FIRST). They got rooms at Sports thru their travel agent. Just do not mention FIRST and you might get some rooms.

I bet they limited our rooms and are saving others for general travelers.

Worth a try!