Pa robot challenge

*Originally posted by Wayne C. *
**Can we bring some other NJ locals? I think 1089 wants to come and we talked to Manville about it too.

WC **

We’re up for it, for sure!

We need to rake up some cash, but yeah, we’d love to. I couldn’t find detailed info re: cost and date on the site, but I just got back from the regional (and dinner) and my brain didnt try to look too hard. Will try tomorrow, and talk about it with the team on tuesday (read: making sure they’re able to scrape more money together).

Our entire team has FIRST fever now – it’s nuts :slight_smile:

for all information concerning the PARC, please visit our website…also feel free to browse around and sign our guest book.

www.tahsroboticsteam.org

As of today we are up to 15 teams…we are still looking around, we currently a bunch of tough players from this year’s game signed up. It’s gonna be a battle of the best this year!!! We have finalists and winners all over the boards.

YAY its on AP WEEKEND!!! WEEE!!!

Greg

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

We’d love to come considering it’d be close and we could get transportation easily, but being in the middle of exam week does not help most teams.

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Miss Daisy will be there again…PARC is one of the best off season events that we attend, IMO.

(the obvious exception is Ramp Riot :smiley: :wink: )

Exams… APS… who cares about them anyways ;p

*Originally posted by kristen *
**Exams… APS… who cares about them anyways ;p **

The smart people who are in APs and want to get into good colleges.

(this i actually take seriously)

I would love to see a mini game where there were 20 bins on each side of the field, and 2 at a time, robots battle it out for who can make the biggest stack within oh say 3 minutes. That would be so cool. Or even a stacking contest for humans where they would have to make the highest stack in 2 minutes. With a little help from some people on my team, I put 14 in the air. We would’ve made 15 if it weren’t for the ceiling. Who needs that anyway… ceiling HA.

Is there any way you could put out a listing of mini-games before the event? That would be cool. Thanks. See you there.

There is speculation as to what the mini rounds are going to be and i will post them later tonight all i can say right now is there will be a stacking round auton round and king o the hill round. I will fill you in on specifics when i get them .

*Originally posted by Dave_222 *
**There is speculation as to what the mini rounds are going to be and i will post them later tonight all i can say right now is there will be a stacking round auton round and king o the hill round. I will fill you in on specifics when i get them . **

I think the autorun mini game should be a most creative autorun dance program. I have been dying to write some code to do some figure 8s. U could get someone from every team to judge it.

judge AI based on how many bins they knock down in one shot… if there is a tie, you can consider speed and such

ByE

erin

Whatever it is, PLEASE don’t make the minigame focus on something intrinsic to a particular robot -

No “knock down all the bins fastest”
No “who can make the biggest stack”
No “tug of war”

Successful minigames are those which require skill, creativity, and are just fun. Not those that focus on a particular robot trait potentially leaving many robots unqualified.

That said, I think that games that focus on autonomous dances or the like would be most enjoyable; the idea of a human player contest also sounds like fun. Or maybe a game that handicaps a driver through blindfolds or earmuffs…

Our fun rounds are going to be pretty much robot focused…as for the details we have not layed them out. We will tink about non-robot specific games in the future, we just didn’t have much time to come up with games. Can’t wait to see you all at the PARC!1

Like cliff said we are really short on time and didn’t have too much time to tinker with specialty rounds and i do apologize to the teams that will be left out but i think we will more or less get all of the robots into some sort of niche. As for next year we will tinker with new options.

Heh. Just have fun with the specialty ones. Last year, there was a goal pulling contest. Chuck had no way to attach to the three-goal fixture so instead of using the robot…the entire team just ran onto the field and shoved it. I think we won, too :stuck_out_tongue:

We tied for first in the robot pull. I think team 75 was the other winner. We didnt think our speed geared robot could pull all that weight, so we were thinking of just figure skating with the bot to the music of our green kazoos. Some poeple may have witnessed the kazoo music practice session.:eek: We just tried it and found out that not only could our robot pull the goals but it quickly accelerated to over 10 ft/s. It made a tremendous shockwave when it hit the alliance station…:smiley: We lost the secret coin toss so we didnt get the trophy.:mad: However, the Tigertrons made good on their word and mailed us a replica trophy.

We tied for first in the robot pull. I think team 75 was the other winner.

Just for the record it was Team 61 that you tied with. Looking forward to seeing you at this years PA Challenge :slight_smile:

You should have recieved the special rounds via email from your coaches. I think they should be very interesting… :wink:

In response to a great turn out every year, we have once again upped the bar to 28 teams. We currently have 25 teams registered if you are holding out, you better sign up quick don’t let your robot miss a walk in the PARC!!!

check out the team list and imagine your team there…don’t wait!