Paid FRC Mentor 5804 and Physics Teacher, Private School, Richmond, VA Starting 2023-24

FRC Community,

I am sad to say that I am leaving the teaching profession for an opportunity I couldn’t turn down. With that being said there is a search to find my replacement as FRC Mentor of team 5804 and Physics Teacher at Collegiate School in Richmond, VA starting in the fall and I want to assist in any way possible so I’m posting it here.

The first thing that I would say is this; if I were to stay in the teaching profession I would not be leaving the school as it is an amazing place to work. The standard class load is 4 sections (ave 15 students per section) of HS Physics to mostly juniors. I currently teach 4 sections of AP Physics 1. I am a co founder of 5804. We have a strong foundation and tremendous support from the school with great success on the field and in promoting STEM careers. As a teacher you have lots of freedom and autonomy.

Perks:
FRC Mentorship is a generous stipend
Good Health Benefits at reasonable cost.
Free Lunch each day at school.
Retirement 7% match first 9 years, 10% years 10+
JK-12 School of 1600 with only 550 in the High School
Strong Community Support.
A lot of professional development money. (I have never been turned down for a request).
Family school with most children of faculty attending.
Robust Budget for Robotics.

Here is the link to the Collegiate School Upper School Physics Teacher Posting.

I am happy to converse with anyone with serious interest about the position.

Best to All,

Greg Sesny

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.