paper: 2009 Lunacy Scoring Spreadsheet

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

2009 Lunacy Scoring Spreadsheet
by: tb222

Excel Spreadsheet Scoring Sim for FIRST Lunacy

Please be sure to enable macros (set the security level to low) in order to use all functions of the spreadsheet. Fairly straight-forward, I think.

v1.1 results in an ERROR if the number of EMPTY CELLS & SUPER CELLS combined, is greater than 8. Also added “Trailer” to A1 & A5.

v1.2 adds IDEAL score buttons for red & blue. Max score would be 360, but decided not to add those buttons, due to a 0 RP, and the loss of cells your next time up.

Updates are FULL versions, you don’t need to download all three… unless you really want to!

2009lunacy_scoring1.0.xls (55.5 KB)
2009lunacy_scoring1.1.xls (56 KB)
2009lunacy_scoring1.2.xls (63 KB)

The first draft of my spreadsheet is up. The game is fairly straigh forward as far as scoring this year. I have limited the number of balls, so if you exceed the total number of provided game pieces, you will get ERROR in the score boxes.

PLEASE BE SURE TO SET MACRO SECURITY TO LOW TO USE THE RESET BUTTON!!!

If you find any bugs, or would like to see more features added, just post them here!

ENJOY!!

I see two problems that need to be fixed. First, and most easily fixed is that the fact that in A1 and A5 you should say “Trailers attached to”. Second is that you can score 8 empty cells and 8 super cells in your calculations, the total should add up to 8.

I was just thinking about that issue with the empty & super cells. I should have that corrected and post a new version.

The trailer colors do represent the bot they are connected to (no flags/lights this year), but they are scored for the opposing alliance, which is why I set up the spreadsheet how I did.

v1.1 results in an ERROR if the number of EMPTY CELLS & SUPER CELLS combined, is greater than 8. Also added “Trailer” to A1 & A5.

v1.2 adds IDEAL score buttons for red & blue. Max score would be 360, but decided not to add those buttons, due to a 0 RP, and the loss of cells your next time up.

Not that it is super important, but I believe the ideal score should be something along the lines of 182-178. This would be achieved with all super cells scored evenly and the winning team scoring 61 moon rocks to the losing teams 59.

Nice work on this though, it will be a nice tool.

I was thinking about rigging it that way, being it would be the ideal. penalty free, round, but I decided to just go for the best score possible.