paper: 2017 Robot In 3 Days 'Snow Problem White Papers

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

2017 Robot In 3 Days 'Snow Problem White Papers
by: cadandcookies

The three white papers released by Robot in 3 Days 'Snow Problem as part of our build. This includes: A strategy description, an description of our prototypes, and a description of our final robot.

The three white papers released by Robot in 3 Days 'Snow Problem as part of our build. This includes: A strategy description, an description of our prototypes, and a description of our final robot.

When we release our reveal video, the robot description will be uploaded.

Feel free to ask any questions about these documents here or in our 2017 thread.

Updates:
8/1/17: Robot Strategy document added
10/1/17: Prototyping document added
12/1/17: Programmer’s Thoughts document added
13/1/17: Powder Coating document added

snow-problem-robot-strategy.pdf (81.8 KB)
snow-problem-prototype.pdf (23.3 MB)
snow-problem-programmer.pdf (78.1 KB)
snow-problem-powder-coating.pdf (299 KB)
snow-problem-final.pdf (24.4 MB)

Thanks for posting these white papers.

Hopefully more Ri3D teams will follow this trend and post white papers.

Glad you like them!

This was our first time doing white papers, so for any of the people that took a look, let us know if you feel like we missed something or if it would have been useful to have more or less detail.

We’re doing this for teams-- let us know what we can do better!

We’ve just added a document related to programming for FIRST Steamworks. It contains some tips from our lead programmer, Ryan. Hopefully some teams will find it useful!

I think you mean FIRST STEAMWORKS :rolleyes:

I guess my mind hasn’t full recovered from the three day build. Fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

We have another paper up, this time on our powder coating process. It also includes the general process we went through in designing our powder coating oven. It’s written by our powder coating guru Alex, who designed and built the whole thing as a project for GOFIRST.

Hopefully if a team wants to build their own powder coating oven, they can take this as a starting point. Considering we literally work out of an office building, we’re relatively confident that a team can powder coat in almost any location with the proper equipment.

Apologies for the absurdly late delivery, but we have finally posted the technical walkthrough for the robot. Though I know it might be a little too late for some teams, I hope it might at least serve as a bit of interesting reading.

Best of luck to teams as you enter the home stretch of build season!