paper: 2018 Power Cube Cover Plans

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

2018 Power Cube Cover Plans
by: JRumple

This paper provides detailed plans for making your own practice Power Cube Covers for the 2018 Power Up FRC competition. This is to help teams who are unable to purchase official Power Cube Covers due to availability issues.

This paper contains the plans for making your own practice Power Cube Covers while the FIRST vendors are working hard to get more official covers in stock. Materials can be purchased from a local fabric store. Steps for sewing the covers are also provided. I recommend consulting with a local sewing mentor or instructor to help you with sewing zippers if you have never done that before.

The plans are handwritten. This was the fastest way for me to provide both text and sketches of the various steps in the process. I believe they are sufficient for anyone with basic sewing skills to be able to follow and complete the project.

Materials required for two Power Cube Covers are the following:

• 1 1/6 yard of nylon packcloth (42" x 60 ")
  • 80 inches of #5 nylon coil zipper material
  • 2 standard zipper pulls
  • 5 in of 2" webbing

Different color material, zippers, and webbing can be used to personalize your Power Cube Covers. Vinyl decals and iron-on logos can be attached to also personalize your Power Cube Covers.

2018 Power Cube Cover Plans.PDF (3.96 MB)