paper: 2789 Award-Winning 2011 Business Plan

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

2789 Award-Winning 2011 Business Plan
by: 2789_Regina

This business plan won our team (FRC 2789 TechXsplosion) the Entrepreneurship Award at the 2011 Chesapeake Regional.

This is version 1 of our 2011 business plan. We will write revised versions of our business plan at the end of each quarter. Version 2 will be released by the end of June 2011.

2789BusinessPlan_2011_v1.pdf (4.45 MB)

I am the mentor on FRC 2789 that led the sub-team that produced our business plan. Our business plan was heavily influenced by the following book:

Business Model Generation by Alex Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur
You can find the book and related materials at http://alexosterwalder.com/

Prior to writing our business plan, we created a business canvas that described our current business model. Doing this helped us to clarify what value we brought to the communities we serve and helped us to compile and organize all the partners and resources our team needed to gather in order to continue to provide our value propositions. We learned a lot(!) from this book.

Our 2012 business plan won the Entrepreneurship Award at the Utah Regional. To see this plan and also related resources that we have used to lead business plan workshops at several events, you can go to tiny.cc/2789bpworkshop

Just wanted to say “thank you” for sharing this! We’re researching other teams’ examples and guides and this is one of the best I’ve seen - very well done. We’ll let you know how it goes - thanks!!

Thanks, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Your business plan is impressive and very interesting.
We took a different approach in modeling based on our own personal experiences over the years and sharing longitudinal data on how we have improved.
Your slides are similar to what we do in our entire organizational plan when we do presentations, but yours is specific to just the business plan.
I like it, and wondering now why the heck I never thought of doing it before!

Our program has won many Entrepreneurship awards in the past and most recently at the 2013 Utah regional.

We use your team’s materials and videos as examples and inspiration every year when we start brainstorming for how to put our materials together and for training new team members…we look forward to seeing y’all at TRR and picking your collective brains :wink: