paper: How to Watch the 2017 FIRST SteamWorks Game

I have watched numerous matches, both live and on Webcast, and feel that it is difficult for parents and guests to understand how the match is progressing even with the “real time” scores displayed. So I thought it would be helpful to write this guide that takes new people through a match.

This paper explains the basic flow of the FIRST SteamWorks Game to a VIP, family member or visitor who is new to the Game. It suggests what to watch on the field and tells why robots are doing what they are doing. Scoring is explained with examples and predictions. Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

How to Watch the 2017 FIRST SteamWorks Game
by: ThunderChief

I have watched numerous matches, both live and on Webcast, and feel that it is difficult for parents and guests to understand how the match is progressing even with the “real time” scores displayed. So I thought it would be helpful to write this guide that takes new people through a match.

This paper explains the basic flow of the FIRST SteamWorks Game to a VIP, family member or visitor who is new to the Game. It suggests what to watch on the field and tells why robots are doing what they are doing. Scoring is explained with examples and predictions.

How to Watch the 2017 FIRST STEAMWorks Game CMP.docx (7.13 MB)

Suggestion: add graphics!