This is an updated drive train calculator that puts emphasis on time rather than maximum speed.
Input a target motor, number of motors, gearing, and a wide range of elements about the drive train and electrical system. The output at the bottom shows estimated peak speed, estimated sprint time, minimum system voltage, and maximum voltage while the drive train is at full speed.
- NEW Now includes the NEO motor with a stall torque of 2.585 Nm and stall current of 105A. Note that minor variations in this stall torque do not really impact the final measurements of sprint time.
- NEW Select a deceleration model to simulate a full trapezoidal profile of a sprint, start to finish. Never forget, what speeds up must also slow down!
- Improved voltage ramp and current limiting models
- NEW Extra output fields within the print boundaries for those who want to calculate their own items based upon the simulator results
- NEW Includes rudimentary traction limiting on the acceleration model
- The distance vs time chart now also shows indicator lines for whether the drive train is traction or current limited.
- Charts that show impacts of varying gear ratios on sprint time, battery usage, and turning efficiency
- Want to see the effects of Voltage Ramp or Current Limiting on your final sprint time? No problem! Input those parameters into the electrical system
- Updated acknowledgements! If you would like to learn more, it is easy to go straight to the pros!
Features for the future:
- Updated wheel slip to account for kinetic CoF
- Updated current modeling to account for lower current draw during wheel slip
- Add a graph line for “time to full stop” on the existing “time to target” graphs
- Re-orient motor cells on the prelim calcs tab to account for copy/paste into those cells directly from the motors tab