paper: off season calculated contributions calculator

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

off season calculated contributions calculator
by: Caleb Sykes

This workbook determines individual teams’ calculated contributions during qualification matches at off-season events.

This is a workbook that I have created to determine calculated contributions for off season FRC events. It is missing some components when compared to the 4536 scouting database because of the inconsistency between off season events. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

off season calculated contributions calculator.xlsm (296 KB)

This is a workbook that I have created to determine calculated contributions for off-season FRC events. It is missing some components when compared to the 4536 scouting database because of the inconsistency between off season events. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Not many events have information outside of final score. I hope that next year the default FMS will allow publishing of score breakdown data.

I have not had the opportunity to test this calculator live during an event, and my team will be competing this Saturday, so I may not get the opportunity. I doubt it will function properly before the qualification matches are completed.

I plan to release a modified version of this calculator for the 2017 season before week 1 competitions. That calculator will have additional features when compared to this one, and will be specifically designed to be used live during events.

FIRST started providing score breakdown information in 2015. If I made a version of this calculator that worked for regular season and off season events from 2015, would anyone use it?

I don’t mind the time investment if I know it will get a fair amount of use, but I’m not particularly interested in working on it if no one cares.

***Bummer:

Error, unable to access TBA API, make sure you have internet access

http://imgur.com/a/HJZ2i**

I definitely have internet access. Or I couldn’t post this :slight_smile:

For context - only offseason events that use Cheesy Arena have detailed score breakdown data (offseason FMS doesn’t expose it to be imported in any way). Example match.

That’s unfortunate. That error only covers the first couple of lines of code, so it seems strange to me that you would get it if you had access to TBA. You might get this error if your version of excel doesn’t have access to MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.

Did IRI use Cheesy Arena? I only ask because their score overlays are normal in match video.

I believe IRI was using an official FMS build (or they were testing an API feature for FIRST) which allowed the official API to be used. That’s also why frc-events has data for IRI.

Interesting.
IRI and week 0 are listed on frc-events, and these events both have score breakdowns.
WVROX is listed on frc-events, but their event does not seem to have score breakdowns.
Summer Heat is listed on frc-events, and they have score breakdowns, but they are missing data on their last 8 scheduled matches.

Why are WVROX and Summer Heat so weird?
Also, why don’t more off season events use this FMS option?

I have no idea… I thought IRI was the only event that had the API active, but I guess I was wrong there.

And it also looks to me like WVROX and Summer Heat have some matches with score breakdowns. Go figure.

It’s been my understanding that FIRST has only enabled the cloud publishing in offseason FMS when they want to test something on their end, which is why they don’t offer it to all events. I’d guess this isn’t more widely available because it increases FIRST’s support requirements and there’s a huge variety in offseason events that would need first-class software support.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled thread…