Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.
Pneumatic Piston Analysis
Presentation, workbook and video explaining how to calculate, choose, CAD, and control pneumatic pistons for linear and rotary motion applications.
This presentation, Excel and YouTube video provides the theory and application to setup a pneumatic piston for linear and rotary motion. Special attention is given to rotary applications.
The material covers:
- The various types of pistons
- The force produced by a piston
- Theory and torque calculations for rotary applications
- Excel workbook to help choose the correct piston
- Video demonstrating CAD techniques for determining mounting locations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Vg18GEAMc
- Explanation of one way control values
Piston Analysis.pptx (16.2 MB)
Pnuematic Piston Analysis.xlsm (100 KB)