paper: Programming Quick Start

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

Programming Quick Start
by: Mark McLeod

With the advent of a new season and the influx of new programmers-to-be I decided to do a 1 or 2 page write-up on just how a programmer new to FIRST can get started. I wrote this up to bootstrap rookie team programmers. Sort of a how does one get started when they know absolutely nothing about where…

This applies to the IFI PIC based control system released for the 2004 season.
With the advent of a new 2005 season and the influx of new programmers-to-be I decided to do a 1 or 2 page write-up on just how a programmer new to FIRST can get started. I wrote this up to bootstrap rookie team programmers. Sort of a how does one get started when they know absolutely nothing about where to even start programming the FIRST controller. It’s not intended to replace the IFI documentation, it’s more to direct new programmers to it. I tried to stay away from most “how to program” type stuff and more advanced topics like the Linux/Windows debate and configuration management. This is just to get newbies rolling.

More modern versions of this and discussions can be found in the Programming sub-forum:Programming - Getting Started - Programming - Chief Delphi

1099600545programming_quick_start.doc (32.5 KB)