paper: Team 20 Strategy Clipboard Files

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in CD-Media.

Team 20 Strategy Clipboard Files
by: KrazyCarl92

Files for the Steamworks strategy clipboard handouts from Team 20 that were distributed at the 2017 Tech Valley and Hudson Valley Regionals.

For years Team 20 has made our own strategy boards for planning out our matches with our alliance. This year, we thought what better way to welcome teams to our regional competitions than by making one for each team and handing them out on practice day!

For around $2.20 per team, we were able to make strategy clipboards with a laminated diagram of the field attached to the front and the rules crib sheet from the FIRST website attached to back. We also distributed 4 packs of dry erase markers and mini dry erasers to each team so they had everything they would need to make use of the strategy boards. Our hope is to give more teams some tools they can use to maximize preparedness for their matches.

It was really neat seeing alliances throughout the competitions using the strategy boards to plan out their match strategies. There were also several requests to post the strategy board files online, so we are sharing it here.

Steamworks Strategy Board Printout.pdf (250 KB)
RulePenaltyCribSheet.pdf (157 KB)

For years Team 20 has made our own strategy boards for planning out our matches with our alliance. This year, we thought what better way to welcome teams to our regional competitions than by making one for each team and handing them out on practice day!

For around $2.20 per team, we were able to make strategy clipboards with a laminated diagram of the field attached to the front and the rules crib sheet from the FIRST website attached to back. We also distributed 4 packs of dry erase markers and mini dry erasers to each team so they had everything they would need to make use of the strategy boards. Our hope is to give more teams some tools they can use to maximize preparedness for their matches.

It was really neat seeing alliances throughout the competitions using the strategy boards to plan out their match strategies. There were also several requests to post the strategy board files online, so we are sharing it here.

These were some great boards and so many teams we saw at Hudson were using them. It was great to see teams that normally don’t have a solid way to talk strategy able to go over plans before a match.
Very cool inexpensive way to help teams improve their play at comp.
We have ours hanging up in our shop now

Good luck at champs!

This is a really awesome resource!! I’m sure people will be confused when they see the team 20 logo on my clipboard at Idaho this weekend, but anyways it will be a huge help so I don’t have to attempt to ms paint something like this as I failed to do last year.

Thanks for sharing team 20!!

MAN!

That Penalty Chart is PRIMO.

It will be in my pocket at every competition from here on out.

This was amazing to have at Hudson Valley! Thanks for sharing it!

I also had to copy Audrey and got a carabiner to attach it to my belt for SBPLI. It feels so BA.