PARC Results are in!

Congratulations to the alliance of 341, 25, and 225. It was a great show by all teams.

  • Steve (25), you continue to marvel everyone with your ‘psychotic’ driving skills. Congrats on another great achievement!

Congrats to all participating teams, the PARC was the best it has ever been and it’s all because of the great teams we had!!! Thanks again for helping us put on such a grea show by bringing all your awesome machines!!!

639, 365 and 284 were semifinalists… w0000000t!!

Another well-run event by the Tigertrons! Thank-you.

And a BIG thank-you to Wisahickon (431) - seeded #1, who gave us a ride to the top when we were seeded next to last! Very generous & much appreciated.

Lisa T :smiley:

*Originally posted by MrsT *
**Another well-run event by the Tigertrons! Thank-you.

And a BIG thank-you to Wisahickon (431) - seeded #1, who gave us a ride to the top when we were seeded next to last! Very generous & much appreciated.

Lisa T :smiley: **

341 :wink:

Don’t worry, it couldn’t have been done without you 225. Even the last place team is a force to be reckoned with in FIRST.

I had a great time at PARC, we had some uhh minor problems with the robot but there was some really nice people than helped us. I would like to say thank you to 284 and 639 for the great amount of help they gave us in the matches, and they didn’t get to upset we had some uhh minor problems. congrats to 341 and 25 they both had some really good bots and great drives, everyone did a great job. I had a great time and i cant wait to see you all at The Duel On The Delaware…

will the results (complete) be put up on the website? I had to leave at 4pm and i was wondering how everyone did.

Man. Nobody on my team listened to me…we could have threatened 222 to make us win or possibly ‘lose’ their trophy. But noooo…all this ‘gracious professionalism’ crap got in the way and we had to present it. Fine. Be that way. hrumph

http://evulish.is-a-geek.net/cgi-bin/bots/viewer.cgi?page=1?folder=parc

Have at it. :slight_smile:

Ohh…and did you guys redo your gym? It looks a lot less orange than before. And I recall wooden bleachers. Nice update. I hardly even needed a flash this time.

Great competition as always (although I’m upset that you guys ran out of XL shirts so quickly! GRR!)

What were the eventual results of KOH? Since it was getting pretty late our team went into pack up mode as soon as the Evil Machine was flipped (first time ever). I feel bad for Melanie, the rookie KOH driver, because now she’s going to hear a lot of razzing about it. :wink:

As one guy commented “I guess the 222 guys finally succeeded in fulfilling the wishes of 400 teams”

Payback’s a b_____.

We had a lot of fun, got some real life driving time for 5 new drivers and hopefully, gave the crowd something exciting to watch.

My favorite round was in the Qualifying when Steve was driving and cleared the ramp of the two robots on the other team with a little push and then a second.

Then there was that high scoring round against Moe…

WC

Special thanks to 25 and 225 for being spectacular alliance partners…

Congratulations to all, especially team 1218. They came with just two students, and still managed to be a top-seeded team!

A big apology to teams 103 and 365…we certainly didn’t intend on flipping your robots! That arm of ours can get tangled in just about anything…

IMO, any head-to-head competition involving a ramp is going to see a lot of flipped robots, and I think that’s what we saw this year. Miss Daisy was flipped a total of 4 times, sometimes incidentally and sometimes intentionally.

Hey 25…what was up with all the Chuck-bin smashing? It seems that nearly every bin we brought to PARC was smashed by you guys. We brought twelve…I don’t think we brought nearly 12 home :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, great comp. I loved semifinal match 2 for our alliance … comeback! :slight_smile:

And boy were Greg and I confused in the stacking competition. We were supposed to stack while Brian kept track of the time. He knew it was a min but obviously didn’t realize the clocks started at 1:45 and went to 0:45… so we had 5 and were going for 6 when the buzzer sounded, while MOE had 3 but had them released :slight_smile: Ah well, I know who won deep down :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by evulish *
**Hey 25…what was up with all the Chuck-bin smashing? It seems that nearly every bin we brought to PARC was smashed by you guys. We brought twelve…I don’t think we brought nearly 12 home :stuck_out_tongue: **

Our robot likes proving Woodie wrong. Weight reduction holes DO lighten a robot, and bins DO fit under the bar.

:smiley:

*Originally posted by weedie *
**Congratulations to the alliance of 341, 25, and 225. It was a great show by all teams.

  • Steve (25), you continue to marvel everyone with your ‘psychotic’ driving skills. Congrats on another great achievement! **

ya dont just give steve the congrats, throughout teh qualif. rounds we had all first time drivers give it a go.

but good job in the finals steve

*Originally posted by MrsT *
**Another well-run event by the Tigertrons! Thank-you.

And a BIG thank-you to Wisahickon (431) - seeded #1, who gave us a ride to the top when we were seeded next to last! Very generous & much appreciated.

Lisa T :smiley: **

ya that proves my point that seeding means nothing when it come to judging how good a bot is

ie: this was overheard during picking time
a team in the top 8 was making their choices list-
“How about 25?”
“What, are you kidding… Look how low they are ranked!!”

The past two years have been like that.

I like the idea of slightly different scoring systems during qualification and elimination rounds. That way teams can design aggressively for the playoffs, like 25 this year and 365 last year, knowing that they will probably get picked and will then excel in the playoffs. Or, teams can design all-around point-scoring machines to rise to the top of the seedings, enabling them to pick whoever they want to be partners.

It certainly puts a premium on scouting, and results in more varied robot design.

Wayne, all I can say is you guys have a great machine, but we really gave the crowd somthing to cheer about…I didn’t think the beast would go over, but we got it. As for payback you better be careful for what you wish, our payback to you is gonna be finally beating you guys!!!..you can pay us back too, just bring it!!! The Claw is ready for any and all competition!

*Originally posted by Abwehr *
**The past two years have been like that.

I like the idea of slightly different scoring systems during qualification and elimination rounds. That way teams can design aggressively for the playoffs, like 25 this year and 365 last year, knowing that they will probably get picked and will then excel in the playoffs. Or, teams can design all-around point-scoring machines to rise to the top of the seedings, enabling them to pick whoever they want to be partners.

It certainly puts a premium on scouting, and results in more varied robot design. **

Don’t worry about that, we’ll see you in next years competition…2004!

I must say, everyone I talked to (at least before the elims, which I wasn’t too happy about) had a wonderful time at PARC. We’ll see if 487 can’t make a comeback run at Ramp Riot…

Thanks to all teh teams, especially 222, for making this such a wonderful and joyous event!

Thank you to teams 25 and 225 for being a part of Miss Daisy’s alliance! I think that we had a great run and I know that it meant a lot to my team as well, especially the leaving seniors.

Congrats to team 1218 for doing as well as you did with only 2 (and a 1/2 i guess ;)) team members. I am sorry that I didn’t pick you, don’t be mad at me!

Sorry to teams 103 and 365, I know what it feels like when our robot is flipped, I hope that yours survived the flippage you endured.

Thanks again to everyone that made the day as spectacular as it was!