Partner picking -- what about that auto-pairing?

Posted by colleen - T190 at 02/21/2001 7:04 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

In considering the choices of partners when you’re in the choosing situation… what do teams plan on doing about that first partner that they are automatically paired with (i.e. 1st seed is paired with 5th, 2nd w/ 6th, etc)

Are people going to plan that in? i.e. Will you take into account who will be useful partners for yourself AND that other team, or only for yourself? Or will you have a really complex list (if A is paired with us, we’ll pick B, C, D… but if Q is paired with us, we’ll pick R, S, T…)

Just wondering how teams plan on handling that…

Posted by nick237 at 02/21/2001 7:41 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

In Reply to: Partner picking – what about that auto-pairing?
Posted by colleen - T190 on 02/21/2001 7:04 PM EST:

We deffinatly would go with R S T unless we decided on C D E, except if C D E Didnt like us then we would have to concider X Y Z. Last year we chose from a hat and the first team name picked was " size 7 "?
nick237

: In considering the choices of partners when you’re in the choosing situation… what do teams plan on doing about that first partner that they are automatically paired with (i.e. 1st seed is paired with 5th, 2nd w/ 6th, etc)

: Are people going to plan that in? i.e. Will you take into account who will be useful partners for yourself AND that other team, or only for yourself? Or will you have a really complex list (if A is paired with us, we’ll pick B, C, D… but if Q is paired with us, we’ll pick R, S, T…)

: Just wondering how teams plan on handling that…