Parts converted to Autodesk Inventor

Posted by Steve Horst at 1/14/2001 9:25 PM EST

Other from Autodesk.

Hi all,

I’ve got some Mechanical Desktop parts that I’ve converted to Inventor. It’s about 6 megs of data. Where can I post these so everyone can get them?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted by Ed Sparks at 1/15/2001 12:18 AM EST

Coach on team #34, The Rockets, from Bob Jones High / New Century High and DaimlerChrysler.

In Reply to: Parts converted to Autodesk Inventor
Posted by Steve Horst on 1/14/2001 9:25 PM EST:

You could post them on the “SharingFirst” website. Tom Gray (webmaster) will help with resources.

Posted by Jason Rukes at 1/15/2001 1:51 PM EST

Engineer on team #109, Arial Systems & Libertyville HS, from Libertyville High School and Arial Systems Corp & SEC Design.

In Reply to: Parts converted to Autodesk Inventor
Posted by Steve Horst on 1/14/2001 9:25 PM EST:

Steve,

Would you mind explaining how you converted the parts to Inventor? We have a lot of parts on MD that we’d like to use on Inventor.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted by Ed Sparks at 1/15/2001 8:41 PM EST

Coach on team #34, The Rockets, from Bob Jones High / New Century High and DaimlerChrysler.

In Reply to: Could you explain the process
Posted by Jason Rukes on 1/15/2001 1:51 PM EST:

One way is to “Export” the file from MD to an ACIS (.sat) file and then open the ACIS (.sat) file in Inventor.

Posted by Steve Horst at 1/15/2001 9:28 PM EST

Other from Autodesk.

In Reply to: Could you explain the process
Posted by Jason Rukes on 1/15/2001 1:51 PM EST:

If you have MDT 4 service pack 3 or MDT 5 SP1 or newer you can directly open the MDT files with Inventor. I’ve had the best luck by already having the file open in MDT and then opening the same DWG file with Inventor. It will ask you if you want to translate the one already open and you pick yes. This method will actually rebuild the part in Inventor so you will be able to modify any of the steps that where used to create the part. If you have older versions of MDT you will have to write out an .SAT file from MDT and then open that in Inventor.

I’m going to get the files that I have posted on the First WEB site. I will post the link as soon as I have it.

Steve

: Steve,

: Would you mind explaining how you converted the parts to Inventor? We have a lot of parts on MD that we’d like to use on Inventor.

: Thanks,
: Jason