Patterns?

Has anyone else noticed any patterns or coincidences in First competitions?

Examples-

The Cheesy Poofs have won the Silicon Valley Regional every year since it started (1999-2002)

The Cheesy Poofs and Team 60 have been in the winning alliance of the SVR the last three years. (2000-2002)

The Cheesy Poofs, Team 60 and Team 359 have been in the winning alliance of SVR the last two years. (2001-2002)

Kinda weird huh?

They are more a coincidence, or the teams are really good and like to work with each other

maybe it would help if i knew who the cheesy poofs were…

the cheesy poofs are team 254, from Bellarmine College Prep. In San Jose

Heh. How coincidental :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by GilaHumanPlayer *
**Has anyone else noticed any patterns or coincidences in First competitions?

Examples-

The Cheesy Poofs have won the Silicon Valley Regional every year since it started (1999-2002)

The Cheesy Poofs and Team 60 have been in the winning alliance of the SVR the last three years. (2000-2002)

The Cheesy Poofs, Team 60 and Team 359 have been in the winning alliance of SVR the last two years. (2001-2002)

Kinda weird huh? **

Here’s a pattern…
The CheesyPoofs have won every regional they’ve competed at, except Cleveland2002. (Where they happened to be paired with 229).

That’s right… we lost them their first regional… :frowning:

LoL… the cheesy poofs always win… what can i say? they’re good…

Hrm… Cheesy Poofs are coming to Sacramento.

Sacramento is a new regional.

Sacramento is this weekend…

Think their pattern will hold true here too? I guess we shall find out soon enough…

last yrs listing for SVR was teh same as the year before… MVRT GOT SECOND AGAIN.

interesting…

this yr’s SVR was good… we got first! haha but we were against gunn robotics three teams during the qualifying rounds

Longwood robotics has the most weird luck. Last year we won our first match by falling into our scoring area backwards. This year we came up 32 out of 34 and ended up winning the chairmans award.

nods

rock on with the chairmans!

YEt again… 254 wins the SVR regional along with US and 852. Though they did not win at the Sacramento Regional.

Haha UTA u copied my signature… lol…

~ Akshay

congrats to the cheesy poofs, sounds like a great run… hope we make it to nat’s so i can see that bot in action live.

how interesting that this year, cheesypoofs win again despite the fact that they were ranked 30something and still got picked first

*Originally posted by hacksaw692 *
**Hrm… Cheesy Poofs are coming to Sacramento.

Sacramento is a new regional.

Sacramento is this weekend…

Think their pattern will hold true here too? I guess we shall find out soon enough… **

just so y’all know, THE “FEMBOTS”, team 692, BEAT the CHEESYPOOFS at the sac regional in March!
yay fembots!!
still managed to beat everyone at SVR tho…

THANKS OCMonkey!!!You just made my day… I have been waiting for someone to say y’all… wow I just said it…

*Originally posted by OCMonkey *
**just so y’all know, THE “FEMBOTS”, team 692, BEAT the CHEESYPOOFS at the sac regional in March!
yay fembots!!
still managed to beat everyone at SVR tho… **

hmmm fembots whipped us during sac… but didn’t durign svr… i dont know if they made it to finals or no. loved their cheering tho

*Originally posted by utishpenguin *
**hmmm fembots whipped us during sac… but didn’t durign svr… i dont know if they made it to finals or no. loved their cheering tho **

No, we didn’t make it into the final rounds. It’s a good thing too because I’d rather have a working robot go to nationals than be in the finals and ship a wrecked robot. Sacramento was a lot of fun though, wasn’t it? :smiley: