PC Magazine Article

This is the first time I’ve seen a FIRST Article on PC Magazine! I think it’s a pretty good representation of FIRST to people who don’t know much about it. :rolleyes:

Great Article. This should be required reading for everyone.

I agree. We need to make it a entrance exam for every Freshman to read. HAHA

-Kyle

They mentioned our Wheaties box!!

Wetzel

EXCELLENT FIND!!
Great article to add to my collection.
I can extract some good quotes to add to my arsenal when I speak to non-FIRST’ers. (Oops, was that statement too political!) :wink:

“That idea was spurred by a meeting with former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Perez who told Kamen that he had decided that teaching children history was the wrong way to go; it only further cemented old rivalries and disagreements. Students, he told Kamen, should only learn science and math, because they are the same for everyone, there is not interpretation based on background, ethnicity, etc. Perez told Kamen they needed a Middle East FIRST program. Now they have one.”

taken from the article

that is one of the most convincing arguments and most beautiful statements I have ever heard about FIRST, and to think, it came even from someone who had not even participated in the program. Imagine what the world could be like if every leader, or even former leader espoused the FIRST philosophy. Kinda makes me wish I was actually going into engineering :wink: instead of business/law.

His argument is one of the best that I’ve read in support of FIRST. I though that the article did a great job of providing publicity for the program. It is hard to describe the FIRST program effectively on paper but it did a great job of drawing even me into the article. Dean is a great advocate for the program that he created.
-Aaron

I really liked how Dean Kamen spoke of the importance of engineering, science and tech graduates from post secondary and how he compared the need for such men and women in the field of engineering to sports and entertainment.

I’m glad you all liked the article :slight_smile:

Good stuff. A very nice article.

Dean Kamen is my Shaquille O’niel (or any other generic sports star). And on cereal, we should start a cereal: Beatty Bits, the breakfast of champions.

Thanks for the good read,
Daniel

That article is awesome. We (our Media Dept.) are planning on making a page on our site (http://robotics.guntersville-high.com) with information that is even remotely related to / or mentions FIRST in any way. We were actually talking about this today. I think it will great… I will update you all as soon as it is up.

BTW - if you visit our site - please sign the guestbook!!

Thanks