Penalty for knocking over stacks of crates?

I’ve parsed through the rules and I can’t seem to find any penalties for tipping over the opposing alliance’s stacks, provided that G23 and G24 are still met (that is, no parts fly off the field, and parts stay on the side that they started on). Does this mean that a team could conceivably create a robot which extends onto the other side of the field (without going over the step, so a crane or something), and knock over the opposing team’s stacks without any penalty? If so, this seems to be against the spirit of the game, though more than likely it’s the result of me missing something when reading the rules.

Anything interacting with the other side of the field has, by definition, gone over the step.

G18 ROBOTS may not contact anything beyond the STEP…

G18 ROBOTS may not contact anything beyond the STEP. Momentary contact as a result of ROBOT interaction over the STEP is
an exception to this rule. If a ROBOT becomes inoperable or “stuck” while some portion of the ROBOT is extending beyond the
STEP, the ROBOT will not receive multiple FOULS.

VIOLATION: FOUL. If egregious or strategic, RED CARD.

So yeah, that’s illegal and will get you a red card.

According to G18, you can not come into contact with anything beyond the step

ROBOTS may not contact anything beyond the STEP. Momentary contact as a result of ROBOT interaction over the STEP is
an exception to this rule. If a ROBOT becomes inoperable or “stuck” while some portion of the ROBOT is extending beyond the
STEP, the ROBOT will not receive multiple FOULS.
VIOLATION: FOUL. If egregious or strategic, RED CARD.

EDIT - Wow, 3 people beat me to it in less than 30 seconds

You somehow missed G18.

This would not be allowed. As per G18, “ROBOTS may not contact anything beyond the STEP.”

Wow, that was fast. Thank you everyone for the clarifications. Sorry for not reading thoroughly enough.

On top of the Foul.

As a ref, that would be contact (foul) that is strategic (denying points) AND egregious (look, you just reached many feet beyond the Step, so you had to be doing this intentionally and blatantly). If you don’t get a red card, you need a new head ref!

Also look at 3.1.2 game scoring.

How about placing a stack of totes on the Step, and knocking it over in the hopes of knocking down the stacks in the opponent’s scoring zone?

-6 points for robot causing totes/containers/litter to go onto opponent’s side of field (G24).

If intended act happens (improbable due to distance), G24 upgrades to a Red Card and Disable (strategic action), and the stack still counts (3.1.2, second paragraph).

On top of all those fouls that would lead to your ultimate destruction or implosion…They (the opposing alliance), would still get the points anyway. Re-read those rules again very carefully.

3.1.2 Scoring
With the exception of UNPROCESSED LITTER, if the actions of one ALLIANCE cause any of the other ALLIANCE’S game elements that are in scoring position to no longer be in scoring position, the affected ALLIANCE will be credited points for the displaced game elements at the conclusion of the MATCH.

Read them until you can recognize the rare typos…

Challenge; FIND THE 2 TYPO’s in the following located in the R3 Blue Box text pasted below…

Size constraints specified in part A may be met with either hardware or software.
Size constraints specified in part B may be met with additional aids such as bungee cords, minor disassembly, etc., provided transition from/to the TRANSPORT CONFIGURATION does not risk violation of other rules, particularly G5 and G6.
Teams should think carefully about how they will transfer their ROBOTS from place to place during the events. Many FIRST Robotics Competitions take place in venues with standard sized doors. Be sure to consider the size of the ROBOT on its cart to make sure it will fit through doors. Also consider the size of the ROBOT to ensure that it will fit into a shipping crate, bag, vehicle, etc.

FRC event scales are 36 in. x 36 in. square. If your ROBOT cannot be self-supporting on a 36 in. x 36 in. square, ensure you have a way of supporting the ROBOT on the 36 in. x 36 in. scale.

Hint:

G5 Only one ALLIANCE member may be in each HUMAN PLAYER ZONE at a time.
VIOLATION: FOUL. Additional FOUL for each TOTE entered onto the FIELD while in violation of this rule.

G6 A single ALLIANCE member may not be in contact with both a TOTE and the CHUTE DOOR simultaneously…
VIOLATION: FOUL.

Ok…Now, figure out exactly which 2 rules they actually meant to refer to…I can figure out about 4~5 possibly/maybe (Betting they are Robot Rules & not Game Rules, though they could be Game Rules). Can’t wait now to find out which they really are after a team Q&A submission in a few days. But, it certainly wasn’t meant to be G5 or G6. (At least I don’t think so).

You need to read G25. Honestly!!

g18

Just playing devils advocate here – what if a human player throws litter to the opposing side of the field which then contacts their stack and causes it to tip over?

Yes, I realize this would be incredibly unlikely given the momentum of the litter. Then again, I’ve seen some precarious barely-balanced stacks before.