People, Vise is spelled with an S

Attention Chief Delphi. This is a public service announcement.

When referring to the piece of workshop equipment, vise is spelled with an S.



That is all.

Vise, also spelled Vice, device consisting of two parallel jaws for holding a workpiece; one of the jaws is fixed and the other movable by a screw, a lever, or a cam.

Hm, looks like it should be pronounced “vize”
And then there’s the word “solder”…


No, you’re wrong. I have several vices in my workshop.

This is my biggest pet peeve on the machining forums!

British vs American issue?

One of my many vices :slight_smile:

And then there’s the word “solder”…

sure it’s not sawdur?

V I-with-a-line-over-it S

Whassasamaddawichu? Cancha talk Brooklyn? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh come on, Britain and America settled their differences already. Right? I hope so.

Of all the misspellings, mispronunciations, and misconceptions in FRC, this is your hill to die on? That’s just sad. #NeverGraciouslyAccept](

Only when I am up on the ruf or out on the stoop or with 2 yutes.

I guess you could say it is his vice.

Are you talking about the thing we use to hold mechanum wheels?

Did you just say yutes?!

I agree, vice vs vise is defiantly not the worst.

Best misspelling of this one that I’ve seen is an electrical tote labeled “sauteing iron”.

My wife and I were watching the tournament selection show and they announced the Utah Runnin’ Utes, and my wife asked me the golden question: “what is a ‘ute’”.

Everyone, please, have pity. This is the same language that created the word colonel. And bologna.