Personal apology to Technokats

As a poor college student I took a summer job as a telemarketer this summer. I solicit donations for the American Police Hall of Fame. Anyways, today my list was full of numbers from Kokomo, Indiana. There were too many to just skip over so I was just hoping to see a familar name. I was able to push the numbers around so I didn’t call dinner time though. At anyrate I thought that was kinda neat.

Hey its ok, as long as my family is not on the list :stuck_out_tongue: If it was, chances are that you wouldnt get through complements of dialup internet or if you got through, my brother would probably hang up on you :smiley:

Maybe I’m just losing it post-finals but this is the funniest thread. I sympathize with the poor college students working this summer, I still need to find a job.

If I were you I woulda harassed some technokats more than others but then again, that would have only been in retaliation for a certain threat of someone saying he would get telemarketers calling me 24/7 once he got my number.

I didn’t get a call from ya :smiley: Indiana does have a no call list for things similar to this, but I believe that places asking for donations are allowed to call. Ever since my family signed up for the no call list a year ago we havent recieved a single call soliciting crap (and we used to get 2 or 3 per day). :smiley:

yes, we’re on the no call list… im from indy not kokomo but its close enough… if you call us, somebody will be upset!! :ahh:

we’re on that no call list too…like clark, we used to get calls ALL of the time…now we hardly ever do…but when we do i always do something really mean to them. i know i shouldn’t…but it’s WAY too much fun. :smiley:

*Originally posted by Molly Menges *
**we’re on that no call list too…like clark, we used to get calls ALL of the time…now we hardly ever do…but when we do i always do something really mean to them. i know i shouldn’t…but it’s WAY too much fun. :smiley: **

something mean huh?
you mean like trying to sell the telemarketers something:rolleyes: ? It was quite the day when I had a telemartketer hang up on me:D .

They are making that no call list a national thing now by the way. But like you said charities and some other solicitations are exempt.

As for people getting angry or trying to play games with me, personally I enjoy it. Calling for hours on end and getting answering machine after answering machine and the same predictable script when someone does answer gets boring. As long as I’m close to my quota for the day I’m actually game to joke around back.

BTW I finished Indiana and moved on to Maryland and Ohio today.