Petition the war on Iraq

We need the help of all those who find the war on Iraq to be a unjust war, sign this petition that will be sent to U.N. Thursday
it’s a quick and easy sign up at:
http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

The stakes couldn’t really be much higher. A war with Iraq
could kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and inflame
the Middle East. According to current plans, it would require
an American occupation of the country for years to come. And
it could escalate in ways that are horrifying to imagine.

We can stop this tragedy from unfolding. But we need to speak
together, and we need to do so now. Let’s show the Security
Council what world citizens think.

Thank you.

Done.

Also Done.

Pro-war people: this is not a discussion thread - I think we’ve learned that those get locked in just a few posts by now (locked: “War in Iraq yes/no? AND why,” locked: “Iraq Draft,” locked: “Should we bomb/strike Iraq,” locked: “Poll: War”).

If you want to discuss pro-war philosophy, PM or AIM me; all the discussion that won’t lead to locking has already been done in other threads.

thanks Joseph :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by SuperDanman *
**If you want to discuss pro-war philosophy, PM or AIM me; all the discussion that won’t lead to locking has already been done in other threads. **

Yeah. What he said. :slight_smile:

but are there any petitions for pro-war on iraq?

not that I’ve come across, but I haven’t been looking… also… Anti-war people seem to have much more conviction than pro-war people… and if you want to debate war, also feel free to PM me or IM me at eskimopi765

Sent.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
-Albert Einstein

Let’s try and disprove Einstein, cause for once, I hope he’s not right.

*Originally posted by David Kelly *
**but are there any petitions for pro-war on iraq? **

Join the Army.

Do not be so quick to deal out death if you are not ready to recieve it.

Amen

Signed.

Now, I am off to bed as I am leaving for europe 2morrow :smiley:

…no Harrison will be on till the 16th…so enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:

Signed.

thanks for posting this!

Signed by me as well.

We only have one more day before this petition is sent to the Security Council. Thanks to all those who have signed, and for all those who haven’t sign up today before it’s too late

i believe we need to go to war, and you all think that innocent civilians will be targeted. but you couldnt be farther from the truth, war is set on military terms. and yea if we accidently hurt some civilians then it happens. Saddam Huessien is our primary target now, not civilians. think to yourselfs when the 9/11 happened i know some of you had some issues with middle eastern people, and belived we should punish them. so dont go saying that this war is unjust, it simply is going to happen to give the people in Iraq a more free way to live.

dont harrass me about this please.

Bad

Because we all know how seriously people take internet petitions… :rolleyes:

no, it’s not going to be an internet petition, they are printing it out with all the signatures and presenting it to the security council

sent

And as I added to the bottom of what i sent in: Often times the voices of youth are overheard because we are dismissed as apathetic or too self involved. We do care though! Today at UCLA there was an anti-war walk out that led to a rally with thousands of people. It will be our friends who go to war now and these will be our problems to solve in the government sooner than we think.

you guys haven’t noticed…but all this pro-war and anti-war threads gets down to the personal level…eventually closed by moderators.

don’t attack me either…just something I noticed.

thats why we said this isn’t a dicussion thread, thats why nobody replied to an earlier post. good job everybody