Petition to allow us to play music. (not my idea)

Posted by Anton Abaya.

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from BC High / UMass Boston and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks.

Posted on 3/2/2000 10:54 PM MST

It seems one of the longest threads here was the music issue. We all want to play our own music and bring our own stereos.

Hey, we live in a society that’s highly influenced by music right? Let’s petition (Jason Rudolph’s idea) to be able to play music.

to FIRST. We understand the nature of the rule and why it was imposed, but there are ways around it and if it’s not too late, may we request that the rule be revoked? If not this year, maybe next year?

Reply to sign the petition.

Posted by Erin.

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE, Oxford High School and 3-D Services.

Posted on 3/3/2000 9:04 AM MST

In Reply to: Petition to allow us to play music. (not my idea) posted by Anton Abaya on 3/2/2000 10:54 PM MST:

music and math are the two intergalactic methods of communication. math, because no matter where you are- when you take 3 apples awat from 5, you have any 2 apples left- in any scenario.
Music, no matter where you are, is the rhythm of the soul- and anyone can hear and love it.

I am all for the music, it hypes up the party.

you have my signature.

Erin

p.s. i got voted team captain yesterday!! woohoo!

Posted by Justin.

Other on team Blue Lightning Alum from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted on 3/3/2000 9:16 AM MST

In Reply to: Petition to allow us to play music. (not my idea) posted by Anton Abaya on 3/2/2000 10:54 PM MST:

Give me subwoofers or give me death.

We either need to be able to bring our own music, or the DJs need to actually play something we want to hear at the comps…rather then Riki Martin 24/7.

-Justin

Posted by Kevin Sevcik.

Other on team #57, Leopards, from BT Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions and Exxon, Kellog Brown & Root, Powell Electrical.

Posted on 3/3/2000 10:04 AM MST

In Reply to: Give me subs or give me death posted by Justin on 3/3/2000 9:16 AM MST:

I’m all for music at in the pits, but I can understand the plight of the DJs. I was the designated DJ for a small robotics competition here, and pleasing everyone is a singularly difficult job. If you start taking requests from one person, then pretty soon you’ve got the entire competition asking for music. Then you’ve gotta explain to them why you absolutely can’t play the uncensored version of just about any Limp Bizkit song, etc, etc. Just leave the poor DJs alone, they’ve got a tough enough job already…

Posted by Jason Rudolph.

Student on team #168, The Flashbacks, from North Miami Beach Senior High and Velda Farms/FedEx/ETC/HPE Automation.

Posted on 3/3/2000 1:10 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Give me subs or give me death posted by Kevin Sevcik on 3/3/2000 10:04 AM MST:

: I’m all for music at in the pits, but I can understand the plight of the DJs. I was the designated DJ for a small robotics competition here, and pleasing everyone is a singularly difficult job. If you start taking requests from one person, then pretty soon you’ve got the entire competition asking for music. Then you’ve gotta explain to them why you absolutely can’t play the uncensored version of just about any Limp Bizkit song, etc, etc. Just leave the poor DJs alone, they’ve got a tough enough job already…

That’s why we need to be allowed to play our own music!!!

Jason

Posted by Jason Rudolph.

Student on team #168, The Flashbacks, from North Miami Beach Senior High and Velda Farms/FedEx/ETC/HPE Automation.

Posted on 3/3/2000 10:15 AM MST

Here is something that won’t shock any of you. I agree with this (I sugested it) and I am glad Anton initiated it, so here is my signature.

JASON

Posted by Jeff.

Student on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and NASA, MATHSOFT, SOLIDWORKS.

Posted on 3/6/2000 6:06 PM MST

I agree w/ Anton. I believe music influences our life and to entertain us and therefore we listen to music when we are there.