pic: 1083 - Evette

I’d like to introduce Evette. <Beauty pagent announcer> She’s a holonomic ball collector who likes short autonomous routines that knock off tee balls. When she’s lonely, she likes to snuggle up with a mobile goal. She also enjoys uncapping short and tall goals. </announcer> She goes 11 fps and can hold 4-5 balls at a time, too!

I’d like to introduce Evette. <Beauty pagent announcer> She’s a holonomic ball collector who likes short autonomous routines that knock off tee balls. When she’s lonely, she likes to snuggle up with a mobile goal. She also enjoys uncapping short and tall goals. </announcer> She goes 11 fps and can hold 4-5 balls at a time, too!
<wolf-whistle> that evette sure is a looker!
how are you uncapping the goals? also, are you guys hanging as an earlier rendition showed?

George and everyone looks like another great robot i cant wait to see you in competition hopefully you will get paired with us

can’t wait to see this beast WITH the shaft encoders on it…im sure it will be awesome…

You were right George, it’s beautiful. I can’t wait to see her put the moves on.

Nice! Is it very quick on picking the balls up off the ground?

Where’s George?

yeah it is, we modified the fisherprice motors by taking out the last gear in the system, so they run about 3 times faster than the regular fisherprice. Then there is a 3 inch roller on that.

One word…Wow!

How is your drivetrain? From the looks of it the entrance area for a ball is just wide enough to get it. Without a good drive system, you might run into issues actually getting the balls into ur corral.

well they have an omni holonic drive there… so I imagine their drive is pretty good

Amazing bot… and pretty to stair at.

Mayb your beauty will meet up with our beast later on this season.

We removed the hanging mechanism. Not because we were overweight, but because we felt we were overcomplicated. Plus, with all the hangers out there, we feel that it’ll be pretty hectic up there already.

None of our pneumatics are plumbed yet. That includes the goal grabber, tee knocker, and 2x ball descorer.

Also, thanks to team 21 for hosting a video of our 'bot in action.
http://www.combbat21.com/team1083/MVI_0029.AVI

Congrats on building the robot I wanted to build, holonomic drive and all. I hope you do real well so I can say “I told you so” to the unbelievers on my team. I really hope you win your way to Atlanta, so I can see you in action.

ChrisH

Wheres his safty glasses??!

We are just about always wearing them. But in this picture (after staying up for some 10 or more hours working) he isnt. Luckily nothing happened, he was just unscrewing somthing anyways. But the team knows me as the one who always yells at them to put thier glasses on.

ANDREW!!! You forgot to mention that, the ball knocker has a pneumatic spike imbedded in it, gosh silly you of all people should have remember that. Plus it was your idea. :slight_smile:

Charlie (our robot) also enjoys short autonomous routines and wants Evette to know that she can knock of his 2x multiplier anytime.

That’s a beautiful robot. I think it’s totally rocking. And I can not wait to see it preform on the field at UCF. You guys would be a formitable opponent, and an awesome alliance to any one out there. Good luck guys!