pic: 1083 Render

You remember that old render Stephen found in the background? Well this is the latest drawing. Even this has seen some mods, but you get the idea.

Nice drivetrain, George. :slight_smile:

a four point omniwheel… + theyre at 45degrees too.
i like it better than a crabdrive! definitly easier to make. well, I think so.
and probably faster direction change too. with crab, unless you reverse, it takes time to change the direction.
oh, yeah. but you can’t do ‘car-like-driving’ with this design.
i really like this tho. how much do omniwheels cost? i’m just too lazy to look it up. and we’d never be able to machine any. how will you get up the 6in? stairs?
as cool as it is, I wouldn’t think this is the best year to do this tho. maybe im wrong. can’t wait to see a real photo!
or wait! if you’re in pontiac, mi does that mean i get to meet this at the regionals?!?!? AWESOME!!

Well they’re not dealing at all with the stairs, from another picture they posted it seems they’re hanging from the side and sending a hook up to the bar from there (that big pole swings down to an angle then extends a hook up) i really like this design alot since it will be almost a perfect match for our bot, can’t wait to see u guys at ucf!

or wait! if you’re in pontiac, mi does that mean i get to meet this at the regionals?!?!? AWESOME!!

You saw that the post says Pontiac, MI…but that is for the CD47-bot. Team 1083 is actually in Orlando, FL. (I believe)

ahh. i see. well, learned something :smiley:
and team chief delphi is in pontiac?
what is the CD-47 bot? automatic thing of some sort?
sorry its off topic. apologize in advance

yes we are located in unversity high school, orlando, Fl.

good luck this year,
fear the emoticons.

and team chief delphi is in pontiac?
what is the CD-47 bot? automatic thing of some sort?

Chief Delphi is in Pontiac and the CD-47 bot automatically starts threads when people want to discuss certain pictures or other things on the site.

Just so ya’ll know this I drew up in Rhino 3d in a couple hours, its not a rendering from our animation.

if you all think this is good wait till you see the corrections weve made, def is gona give some teams a run for there money