pic: 1345's Cart

2 days ago we decided that we would like to have a cart that looks decent. Here it is, the cart of team 1345. It glows and it also has a ramp that folds down for the robot. Things that are missing and we want it on there are some speakers and an amp. Maybe some more neons.

I made the radio for my teams cart. I took an old guitar amp (small one), and took out the header. then i put in a car radio, 40 watt booster, and antenna. It works well and it’s portable!! :smiley:

Whoa, how did you get it to glow green like that :cool:

ha ha, what an innovative use of kit of parts materials.

Maybe I’m getting old, but if you do add some speakers and amps, please be considerate of the pits around you.

I had to yell over a team last year as they blasted their cart the whole time… Talk about a headache at the end of the day.

yep, had to use the green SOMEHOW. The Platinum Dragons are all for recycling. We keep the earth green!

and thanks. this is the first time we ever made a cart so it’s very exciting for all of us.

Just a word of warning:

My team was looking at putting music on our cart, but then we read the rulebook. Not sure which rule it is, but they do state this year that you are not to add music to your robot cart. Just thought I’d let you know.

They could still put the speakers on the robot for offseason competitions.

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea. I apologize, we are not adding any stereo to the cart, because I have read the rules where it points out about loud music. If we feel the need and if we have money then we might add a stereo jut for offseason events.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. Music or no music, it’s still a pretty sweet cart. We’re thinking of rigging up our lights, but aren’t certain

Very nice cart. Did you use acrylic over the numbers/across the deck?

The ramp is genius. Probably could even convince judges that it is a safety feature :cool:

Nice cart. I know you’re not the only one who is using the green cathodes. Once we get our materials delivered and our cart assembled Monday, we’re gonna add those tubes to the bottom of ours :slight_smile:

My team didnt seem to get the memo about loud music, hence you’ll be seeing a lovely 2500 watt stereo embedded in our cart, hopefully we’ll get the chance to crank it if its ok with the judges. My team has requested that no photos be released yet, but im sure that after the ucf regional, there will be some references in the portal. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

not exactly sure what you’re asking but we used acrylic paint on the wood and cut out 1345 and covered it with lexan.